Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just uploaded more photos of in-game playing to the gallery. The camera ran out of juice partway through so I only have the pics from the first few turns. At least I don't have to show you the humiliation I suffered... I was unable to hold my position and win the day. I was routed quickly by the agile American forces.

What's the best way to use Dreher? He is a slow beast and I can't seem to do much effectively with him. Maybe better support troops would help... I need for troops to choose from.

-Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the pix. Several of them seem to be opps for explaining something or other, and I will spend some time doing that a bit later.

As for Herr Dreher...I have heard a rumor that he might be considering something of a change in his personality...Maybe it was just ze schnapps talking, ich weiss nichts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was planning on doing an AAR with pics, but a dead battery and lost charger put an end to that ... I've found (so far) that Dreher is best treated as an emplaced weapon. If he ever gets pinned he will be unable to leave nearly any tile with a terrain modifier.

Place him well and hope he isn't forced to move much.... Ah well, at least I can rely on the fact that all others have experienced him this way as well.

-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. Jeff's original idea (and all the programming that went into it) was for ALL the soldiers to be completely unique.

It was some later polishing and thinking that brought up the concept that it would be nice for there to be a few guys that everyone has, so that they can share ideas, concepts, plans, complaints, etc. The Characters have a few other paths in the future as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Colapietro
United States
Endicott
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr Dreher is tough old veteran a bit past his prime in the shooting & running department - I picture a pudgy man squinting through his wire-rimmed glasses... however, he is your command and control - you don't want to lose his Draw 2 ability, plus he has 2 hide actions which will let him rally your men near him. He's got some decent group actions (the ones in the talk bubble), and finally he's a beast in hand-to-hand. I keep him out of trouble the best I can unless the Amis press too close - then you close with the MP40 and take someone out in hand-to-hand if necessary.

Keep in mind that hand-to-hand is a crap-shoot (as it should be) and someone is going to die quickly. Best left for a last resort, and only initiate when you have initiative.

So my opinion is he serves you best by staying alive - he's not a great leader (he is only a Corporal anyway), but he's the best you've got. That is until reinforcements arrive...

Maier (the other standard German character), on the other hand, is a force to be reckoned with - but that is another conversation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I added a few more photos from the game with my daughter. There were many I had to discard for quality and repetition. We had quite a few prisoners taken in the game and several were freed and the captors became the captives in the process! (I'm looking at you Herr Dreher yuk )

Not as many were usable as I took (< 25% ) I need to figure out a better way to photograph these.

Only 1 declined this time (it was an so-so image anyway)!

-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.