Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

has anyone played Mundus Novus with 2 players?

how does it play and scale?

How is the trading and turn sequence between 2 players?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
I have not played at 2, and have zero intention to. With more players there is at least an opportunity of group dynamics (in particular locking someone out of trade); with 2 this is really just randomly drawing cards, swapping them, and hoping that you form better combos than your opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyckyd
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played one game with two, so not a whole lot to base an opinion on, but here goes:
- The game is quicker with only two
- It becomes a lot easier to keep track of how much many the other player has. Thus it becomes clearer when you won't win the money race, and have to switch to collecting a perfect set.
- The market becomes a lot more important.

Personally I liked the 2 player game, but prefer the four player one. Five and six player games can really start to drag, as the trading takes longer and the available development cards as more likely to be taken before you get your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have already played with every player number.
I would say that the game feels different with players than with 3 or more, because the trading phase is just less dynamic.
But I wouldn't say that this prevents me from playing with 2 players.

In summary: I like the game with 2 players, but prefer to play with 3 or more players.
And I can confirm that the playing time tends to be longer with more than 3 players.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.