Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so after two previous attempts L'n'L: BoHs is finally clicking and is proving to be quite enjoyable; more so even than a few other games of a similar ilk.

Anyway, the first scenario I decided to use is the free to download demo; I'd heard this was a good place to start.

So I'm having fun and decided to engage in my first melee, without being particularly clued up on the rules - learn by doing I guess.

The German stack (Lt Koch, a 1-6-4 MMC with an MG34, and a medic) moved into a US occupied wood building hex (Cpl Ledrow(? - can't remember off the top of my head) a shaken 2-5-4 MMC and a 1-4-4 MMC with a MG).

It worked out that the German 1-6-4 MMC attacks the US 1-4-4 MMC, with their respective SWs, and vice versa, at 1:1 odds. Both roll higher than the kill number and are both eliminated. SWs and all. But also, both Leaders and the medic are also eliminated!

So it ended up with both stacks being eliminated and an empty building hex!

I know from other similar games that melee/close combat etc can always be a bit brutal in this way but in future I think I'll need to be a bit more careful and try to make sure at least one unit is left on the board!

Really messed up the scenario for the Germans and the US even more so, although reinforcements are on the way, but only two whole turns remain. Good stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been really enjoying this series of games lately too. The options are so well thought out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Smith
Japan
Nishisonogigun
Nagasaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be wrong on this but you might want to read those melee rules again carefully. It's only if the non-melee units are sitting in the same hex with a melee-eligible unit post-melee that they are eliminated. If both squads are gone, your leaders would be able to scramble to pick up a support weapon on the next rally phase and have another go at it. The medic isn't gone either. You'd also have a chance to reinforce the melee next round if there's a squad nearby that can jump in. At least that's my understanding of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.