Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a couple of crates full of comics and need to sell, but before that I need to do my research on what I have. What would be the BGG equivalent for comics?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
echoota wrote:
I have a couple of crates full of comics and need to sell, but before that I need to do my research on what I have. What would be the BGG equivalent for comics?

Not really sure, there are a few different "comic book" sites out there where you can enter in your collection.

the one I use is Comicbookrealm.com you can add your comics, the condition you feel that they are in, and it will give you a value. Once you have entered all your comics, it will give you a grand total for your collection.

Each month it will give you an updated value and whether your overall value has increased or decreased.

As for a marketplace on the site, I am not really sure. I haven't done it before. It is difficult to sell an entire collection of comics. Most collectors have a specific comic issue that they are looking for. My own collection is estimated around $8,000. Would I get that? never.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Carr
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Yeah, I don't have any real expectation that I can make much money off of them, however one crate comes from an estate after the person passed away and the comics in those are a lot older, basically all pre-70's so it's more to assess if there is anything in there that I should pay attention to. The other crate is my own collection from the mid-80s. I'd be shocked if anything in there was worth more than a song.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Mark another vote in the column that Aldie & Co. should roll out Comic Book Geek next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.