Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Can anyone suggest what size card sleeves I should use for my Up Front cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a tough one cause I ended up laminating my entire set in 5mil laminate in a painstaking but rewarding process years ago. Maybe try Ultra-Pro's clear, slim sleeves made for Euros. If you have any FF games, pull out a card that closest matches your Up Front cards, then go to their site and see if anything will fit. Good Luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use SWAN Panasia sleeves that fit both character/armor and action cards perfectly.

I got mine from boardgamer.org which is located in Taiwan so shipping is not exactly cheap...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lowell Drake
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Fantasy Flight "Standard American Board Game Size", 2 1/4 in. by 3 1/2 in., and they fit like a glove. A few sleeves were too tight and I didn't use them, but the rest fit so nicely the cards feel as though they've been laminated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini c/o SELED
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I use Ultra-Pro

Apart the annoying logo on one side

they are quite resistent and about the right size
(9.1 x 6.3 mm)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Baker
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the action cards I use premium Mayday chimera sleeves (57.5mm x 89mm). They fit perfectly.

For the armor cards I use premium Mayday euro sleeves (59mm x 92mm). The sleeves do have to be trimmed a bit, but the width is perfect.

For the character cards I use premium Mayday USA sleeves (56mm x 87mm). The sleeves do have to be trimmed height wise and are less than ideal width wise (about 3-4 mm spare room), but they do work. For a better fit one may try Ultra Pro's 69mm x 69mm board game sleeves (http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=568) and side-load the character cards and trim the excess (I haven't tried this though, so I'm not certain if it will work).

Now if only I could get around to learning and playing this game . So many games, so little time.

Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Bowdish
United States
Argyle
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up some of the 57.5mm x 89mm sleeves. They work better than the other sleeves that I had, but I would like them to have been 0.5 to 1.0 mm thinner on the lower end. They will still work and I'm just happy that I've got somebody to play this great game with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Interax
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
These fit perfectly except that they are too long by 2 mm. Actually 59 mm x 93 mm

http://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/PR_50_Standard_American_Bo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
has anyone considered laminating the cards instead, especially the PCs? I'm thinking about it but cutting each card out of the laminate doesn't sound like a fun task.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Baker
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to revise my previous post in this thread- using the premium USA sleeves for the personal cards leaves about 6mm of spare room on the sides of the sleeves. Sorry about my bad eyeballing job in my previous post.

Jeff

edited because my my measurements were off

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cpl Scrappy wrote:
Just to revise my previous post in this thread- using the premium USA sleeves for the personal cards leaves about 6mm of spare room on the sides of the sleeves. Sorry about my bad eyeballing job in my previous post.

Jeff

I call 'em Personality Cards, others call 'em Personnel Cards and you call 'em Personal Cards. I wonder which one is technically correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Baker
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
Cpl Scrappy wrote:

Jeff

I call 'em Personality Cards, others call 'em Personnel Cards and you call 'em Personal Cards. I wonder which one is technically correct.

According to the back of the Banzai box they are Personnel Cards. Sorry for the typo.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Francis
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered the Ultra Pro 69mm x 69mm sleeves for the Personnel Cards. I will post here how they turn out when I receive them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cpl Scrappy wrote:
For the action cards I use premium Mayday chimera sleeves (57.5mm x 89mm). They fit perfectly.

For the armor cards I use premium Mayday euro sleeves (59mm x 92mm). The sleeves do have to be trimmed a bit, but the width is perfect.

For the character cards I use premium Mayday USA sleeves (56mm x 87mm). The sleeves do have to be trimmed height wise and are less than ideal width wise (about 3-4 mm spare room), but they do work.

On this response I went out and picked up a few packs of sleeves for my game.

Solid advice, I'm very happy with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Baker
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got some of the Ultra Pro 69mm x 69mm sleeves for the Personnel cards. The sleeves work, but the fit isn't really any better than the 56mm x 87mm American sized Mayday sleeves. The fit for the 69mm x 69mm sleeves is marginally better at best.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike W
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the discussion in this thread, here are the sleeves I picked up.

Action cards: MayDay USA Chimera Game Sleeves 57.5mmx89mm.
Orange package. I think the Purple package 56mmx87mm might work as well, but I was afraid those might be a little tight. Orange did have a little room on each side of the card. Now after several plays, every once in a while a card starts to slip out of the sleeve... maybe the Purple package size would work better.

EDIT: I tried the Purple Mayday... sleeves were not wide enough for the cards.

Personality cards: UltraPro Board Game Sleeves 69x69mm.
These cards are an unusual size for sleeves, so I went with these and trimmed one side down to fit. A big downside with the UltraPro brand is they add a small round logo to one side of the sleeve. Fortunately that stupid logo does not cover anything this time, but I will avoid that brand in the future if I can. Also, this sleeve was clearly made for a larger card. Trimmed down to fit the Personality cards, it is not really a great fit. The card slides around quite a bit inside the sleeve, and a corner will poke out often.

AFV cards: Fantasy Flight Standard European Board Game Sleeves 59x92mm.
Had to trim a few mm off the long end. Well, since I haven't even read the AFV rules section, I can't comment on how well these sleeves perform...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Steadman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about for the artscow decks? What size are those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm underway on my DIY printing of the re-design (pictures to come soon) so I've been hunting for sleeves myself. I don't know why I didn't look at standard card sleeve sizes first and then make the cards that size but I didn't. So now I have some odd sized cards 61mm x 84mm and am having a hard time finding cards that are close enough to that size.

However, I did come across this site http://www.meeples.com.my/store/item_list.php?mode=s&id=slee...

If the link doesn't work just go to their homepage and do a search for sleeves. They have several different sizes.

They get their sleeves from http://www.swanpanasia.com.

The problem I'm having now though is I don't think they distribute to America. I'm waiting on a response from both businesses on whether or not they ship to America and accept US Dollars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.