Canada
Melville
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hatter's Table

(Prototype)

I'm really looking forward to this game! I plan on hosting tea parties and playing "full scale".

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ndef/the-hatters-table

Let's get this project funded! I want a nice version with art by Kelly Matten!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stark raven mad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm intrigued, but would want to see the actual art being used first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Bowlby
Canada
Melville
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what you mean. I believe the art is commisioned for this game specifically. Here's more:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Bowlby
Canada
Melville
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if their final packaging is going to be similar to the prototype picture above (I'm guessing not), but I would love to receive a package like that with a tag that said "Play Me".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Bowlby
Canada
Melville
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I was hoping this thread would generate some interest; this project could still use a lot of help with backing. I'm new-ish to the site, and wasn't sure if I made this thread in the right spot to attract attention, but I was told by a Mod it was. So...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mihola
Austria
Wolkersdorf
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am actually very interested in the game but the lack of information about the on the Kickstarter page is holding me back from pledging. And from some of the comments on Kickstarter it seems that I am not the only one.

There is some information about the main idea of the game but not really any details about the game play: Where do the special rules really come from? It seems that they are on a card that you draw at the beginning of the game but I am not really sure... Somewhere I read that the game comes with a CD (but that was not on the Kickstarter page) - so, is that any problem for the replayability? What minimum age do the designers suggest for the players?

So, would it really hurt to just post the rules (as I am not the first one to suggest)? And to give us another video that shows a few sample turns - with audio, this time?

Also, not a lot is known about the production of the final game: Is all the art really in black and white? Is everything made of cardboard or are there any wooden components? What about the cards, if there are any? What kind of cardstock and what kind of finish?

And finally the print-and-play PDFs: At the carpenter level (8$) you get a PDF with the rules and public domain artwork. But what about the print-and-play PDFs at the other reward levels - do they include the final artwork? Also, I can only suppose that with the PDF comes a MP3 to replace the CD...?

You see, with so many Kickstarter projects out there that are excellently designed and have great campaings with lot of information about the game etc behind them I can't pledge money for a game about which I know so comparatively little.

I have, however, asked all those questions to the designer via Kickstarter about two days ago - his answer may very well persuade me to support the game on one level or another. We'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mihola
Austria
Wolkersdorf
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's been a week now and I still haven't received any reply to my questions. Neither have there been any updates on the game's Kickstarter page.

It's a shame that an interesting game like this one will very probably not get funded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.