Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for a TI3 Games/Players in the Orlando Area.

Let me know if you have a group looking for one more or want to join a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pellegrini
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Both me and the wife use this account.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group (the Orange County board gamers) is looking to organize a TI game sometime in the near future (sometime in December or January). And we're always looking for new members.

On a related note, if there's enough interest, I'm probably going to host a board gaming day on January 1. [There probably won't be enough time to do TI that day though]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any other TI3/Runewars fans in Orlando/Disney/Daytona Area??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Czerwinski
United States
Deltona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I just joined this site last week. Just started boardgaming 2 weeks ago actually and I love it so far. DO you know of any boardgaming groups in the Deltona/Sanford area?

I've heard Twilight Imperium mentioned by some in the group I was in and it sounds pretty involved, but I'd be willing to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahoy Mark!

There are two groups in the area that are heavy into board gaming. The Orlando Game Night Meetup Group is the biggest board game group in Central Florida currently as far as i can tell.There are Two users on BGG you can make contact with here that are part of the The Orlando Game Night Meetup Group that i have had the opportunity to play with in a smaller group setting event, Really nice guys I look forward to playing games with when opportunity provides.

Jon
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

and

Mike Bevel
United States
St Louis
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm a Twilight Imperium Player myself and there are several of us around and i am trying to organize a game in February (date not set). IF you want to give it a try i would advise going to FFG's site and looking at the rules for it online and get a feel for it. The biggest issue with TI is the time required to play is a day event for experienced players 4-5 hrs, New players may take even longer but don't forget , we were all new once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Coolstuff Games in Winter Park has a board game night every Wednesdays. Official start time is 6, but there are people there as early as 4:00 to 4:30. We typically have 10-20 people present and we have a pretty wide range of different game types played, though there is a bit of an edge towards medium to complex games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pellegrini
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
The Orlando Game Night Meetup Group is the biggest board game group in Central Florida currently as far as i can tell.

The Orlando gaming group that Scott mentioned is meeting at my house tomorrow (starting at 3 PM). If anyone wants an invite, drop me a private message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Mark, what sort of games are played at this meet-up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muushupork wrote:
Im going to disney late feb and might have a day to go shopping where do you suggest i go?

Main Overall gaming store with broad variety in Orlando is Sci-Fi City.

Main Board game store with best prices is CoolStuffinc!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pellegrini
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doubtofbuddha wrote:

We tend to play standard BGG fair - Carcasonne, Puerto Rico, China Town, Caylus, El Grande, Imperial 2030, Dominant Species, etc, with the occasional party game (Wits and Wagers, Taboo, a couple trivia games, etc) thrown in. In our most recent two get-togethers, we played Modern Art, China Town, Long Shot, Alien Frontiers, Ingenius, Dawn Under, and Tanz der Hornochsen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Czerwinski
United States
Deltona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Scott.

For some reason I never saw the replies to this until today. I had to check my email settings on here, notifications weren't automatic. If you make it this Sunday to Jon's group it will be nice to meet you.

From the little I've seen so far about Twilight Imperium, it sounds really cool. I'll have to check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Czerwinski
United States
Deltona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Coolstuff Games in Winter Park has a board game night every Wednesdays. Official start time is 6, but there are people there as early as 4:00 to 4:30. We typically have 10-20 people present and we have a pretty wide range of different game types played, though there is a bit of an edge towards medium to complex games.

Thanks Jesse, I'll have to try to make it out to one of those nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Czerwinski
United States
Deltona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMark wrote:
doubtofbuddha wrote:

We tend to play standard BGG fair - Carcasonne, Puerto Rico, China Town, Caylus, El Grande, Imperial 2030, Dominant Species, etc, with the occasional party game (Wits and Wagers, Taboo, a couple trivia games, etc) thrown in. In our most recent two get-togethers, we played Modern Art, China Town, Long Shot, Alien Frontiers, Ingenius, Dawn Under, and Tanz der Hornochsen.

I've played with Mark and his wife. They are great people and great hosts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pellegrini
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of quick follow-ups. First, this game happened on Feb 25. There's a session report here.

Second, over on the Dicetower Convenion's facebook page, several people expressed an interest in learning how to play Twilight Imperium. So I think I'll probably host a teaching game for TI novices sometime in April. There are still a couple open slots if someone wants to get in on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mark,
If ya need hand doing the tutorial game LMK.

PS. i want a rematch in CnC ancients...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.