BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Manitoba

Subject: Looking for...wait for it...BattleTech players! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Kalk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
In Winnipeg or surrounding area. Apparently there aren't many of us around. I managed to get a couple friends interested, so if anyone would like to help break in a couple newbies, I'd love to here from me. Reply here or PM me...I don't check this forum often, but I'll get back to you eventually
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kalk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hmmm...looks like we're a scarce breed. Endangered Species even!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess so...

I always thought BT looked pretty cool as I loved to the animated series growing up and especially since they released that new starter. I wanted to get into it, just not enough time or money to divert from my other games.

Best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eppic wrote:
Guess so...

I always thought BT looked pretty cool as I loved to the animated series growing up and especially since they released that new starter. I wanted to get into it, just not enough time or money to divert from my other games.

Best of luck!

Hey Christian, I think Matt nailed it. I really enjoy playing BT, but with it's relatively long playing time, life gets in the way of it.

I get a chance to play it maybe every 2 or 3 years for about 8 hours or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kalk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Eppic wrote:
Guess so...

Best of luck!

Not to mention the 4-hour learning time. I used to play skrmishes at lunch in high school, but with a lot of the newer tech and rules, it can be tough to complete even a 2-on-2 if there are any rookies at the table. It's pretty much an all-day commitment, and a campaign can take several sessions.

Hmm...maybe I should run an ad for players at the next monthly club meeting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's probably your best bet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Buhr
Canada
Gladstone
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the older starter set, the one that they produced in about 2002/03 or something like that. Never really bothered to learn it, though, as the few people in my area that I can coax into games aren't that interested. I'd certainly be up for learning it, but like Matt said, best bet is to bring it along to the monthly meetups and see what happens. I myself hope to make it out to one of those yet, although the timing hasn't worked for me so far. And being out of town, coming in for a gaming night isn't exactly practical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.