Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit, the minor changes they made to this version make the game that much better and the new version of it is great. I'm just sad to report that, upon opening mine, I noticed that there were two blue armies and NO purple ones...!

Suffice to say, I emailed them immediately.

Anyone else like this more than the original?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Laladien wrote:
I have to admit, the minor changes they made to this version make the game that much better and the new version of it is great. I'm just sad to report that, upon opening mine, I noticed that there were two blue armies and NO purple ones...!

Anyone else like this more than the original?

I recommend that you also check the total number of units per color. My copy of the game was missing one purple infantry piece. My friend's copy was missing a red general piece. And yet another friend's game had two extra game pieces; one black infantry and one yellow galley.

I would double check to make sure you have the correct number of game pieces. You can use the detailed game components list here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/47759/inventory-list

In the end, the company was able to send me and my friend each the missing game piece we needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have both copies. New one is far superior IMHO. Enjoy! Hope you get the replacement pieces soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I had the same problem, missing one black army unit. I emailed them and got no response. I hope you have better luck!

-Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilFromIT wrote:
I had the same problem, missing one black army unit. I emailed them and got no response. I hope you have better luck!

-Phil

Really? No response?
My response wasn't quick, but they did respond. They even mailed my missing piece to Thailand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear someone else "new" likes this wonderful, and under appreciated, game! I think both of the new versions, "Classic" and "II," are huge improvements over "Original." I have to say though, that once you modify the combat system in "Original" - that's a great game as well, but I gave it a "2.0" (and sold it on eBay) with the "RAW" (rules-as-written) combat system.

The "II" version is definitely my favorite...in fact...it's one of my favorite all time games. We did make two slight changes to the combat system in "II" - "Catapult Advantage" gives one extra combat die every round to whichever player has more catapults than the other player; and "Cavalry Pursuit" gives one extra round of attack to a non-retreating player against a player that retreats, and any die rolls matching a cavalry unit from the non-retreating player yields one more casualty to the retreating player's forces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I just emailed them again yesterday after reading this post. I sent it to their support email address which they list on their website as eaglegames.net@gmail.com.

-Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Weihs
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, CotE II is probably one of my favorite games. I was a huge fan of Martin Wallace's Struggle of Empires, but the re-imagining of the Struggle rules for Conquest is even better. The map is huge, the bits are great, and all this for under $50. Hard to imagine a better deal ou there. The fact that you get two very different games in one package is just a bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Laladien wrote:

I still haven't gotten a response. Did you have any luck?

-Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.