Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the following situation at the start of Soviet turn 2. I played the Scorched Earth during the german card phase and dropped the marker in Odessa. Now the situation at the start of soviet turn 2 is that the germans took over Odessa during their turn and they now have two units in Odessa and two units in the hex adjacent to Odessa (to the northwest).

So during supply check of the Soviet turn, the two units in Odessa are still in supply because of the Black Sea, but the two units nw are OOS as they are too far away from any city to provide them supplies and the units in Odessa can't give them supplies even though they are adjacent, as they have no overland supply path.

The question is: At the marker removals phase, do the 2 german OOS units actually surrender? Isn't the supply rechecked before the markers are removed, so basically they are still OOS before scorched earth gets removed. Which would also grant the soviet player 2 points, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah.. Just realized that I made a "small" mistake here. The units nw of Odessa can in fact trace a supply path to Lublin. I got so excited that I didn't notice that. But basically the question stands as I want to know how to handle the situation I described (if it was valid). So for the sake of discussion, let's pretend that they can't trace to Lublin and are in fact OOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing happening in the "Marker Removal Phase" is 11.1: Resupply or Surrender. After that 11.2: Marker Removal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario S.
Poland
flag msg tools
Scorched Earth: Play in the German Card Phase to put a
“Scorched” marker on a Soviet-Controlled City: it is now considered
a Marsh hex for ALL purposes (including supply) until the
Player Turn after capture, or if the Soviet player removes it; in the
Marker Removal Phase.

1. What effect of "Marsh" hex on the supply? Why on this card is this specific information? I couldn't find any specific information (rules) about negative effect of Marsh hex at the supply?
2. If German Unit capture city with "scorched marker" is it remove in the same or in the next German round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1- No effect on supply, BUT the city is not there anymore (it's a Marsh hex now): this will affect supply and Victory Points.

2- The marker will be removed in the marker removal phase of the next player turn: So if the Germans capture it in their turn, it will be removed in the following Soviet player-turn marker removal phase (if the Soviets do not capture it back, that is!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.