Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Diomede
Italy
MILANO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi again.
I got a question regarding the Critic round.I understand that during this phase all players in turn play one or more recipes in order to have them evaluated by the Critic.
But each player plays their card(s) face up so that the last player can look to the total of prestige points of the previous players before playing his cards, or the cards are first played face down by all players and than everyone discover the cards simultaneously and subsequently each one in turn pays for the ingredients requested by the recipe? Alberto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricki Guerra
Italy
Veneto
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!
During the last critic round players put down the new recipes they have completed.

Then, following the play order, every player choose a complete menu, selecting a recipe for every course (1 starter, 1 first, 1 second, 1 dessert) in order to get combos (meat, fish, vegetarian, daisy, golden fork) and to try to get a Golden Spoon too, which is the award given by the last critic (instead of the cook-o-meter improvements).

So as you say: yes every player can first give a glance at the complete menu presented by the previous players before presenting his one. Anyway remember that after all players presented their menus you can still "pump-up" your menu using Special Touch cubes in order to try to overtake your opponents.

Ricki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Diomede
Italy
MILANO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ricki, Thanks for your replay. I guess that what you've said applies also to the 3 rounds during the game where you discard your recipes on hand in order to put the recipe in the restaurant's menu. I mean the last players got the advantage to play looking at other players' cards already played(in particular playing the base game without cubes). Al.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricki Guerra
Italy
Veneto
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Al, it's a slight advantage for the players going after the others... this is easily balanced in the complete version of the game where the game order is exactly reversal to the cook-o-meter position.

The basic version is above all to be played with kids, while the advanced and the complete version is how the game was originally concepted and should give the full "taste" of the game.

Ricki
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Dumas
Italy
flag msg tools
It's nice to look at two italian guys that speak together in english
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricki Guerra
Italy
Veneto
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Federico.

Since the conversation began in english i answered Al in english....
Moreover these infos about the game rules may be useful to other BGG users too...
anyway yes... it's a nice situation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.