No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi friends

anyone got a good and dependable way to shuffle the terrain tiles ? because its impossible to shuffle like cards (too big)..

regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually deal the tiles into 4 or 5 stacks, then cut them and place them on top of each other in a random order. For more randomness you could do this twice in a row.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I use Tile cards (one for each tile).
This makes shuffling very easy and you can put a lot of additional data on such cards.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly just shuffle them like cards, they can take it. Only about four times each shuffle though and split up any similar groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tuner 13 wrote:
I use Tile cards (one for each tile).
This makes shuffling very easy and you can put a lot of additional data on such cards.

Cheers
U.L.H.

thats great idea !! thanks ULH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just spread them all out on the table, mix them and then pick them up randomly to form the tile stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Chance
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll separate them into groups of three or four and hand shuffle each until I mentally lose track of their order. Then I put them together and start grabbing two or three and re-inserting them. At times I'll take one off the top or bottom and stick them in somewhere in the middle. Then a thrilling finish by shuffling one or two more times again.

When its time to make my dungeon stack of the required fixed number of tiles, I'll take one from the top, middle, near the end, near the top, a couple in order until I get the count I need. By this time I have no idea what is where and place the rest aside.

To me, the bottom of the dungeon stack is the top of the "leftovers".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to split them into 3-4 stacks which I shuffle, then I combine them into one tile stack by grabbing a few from each stack at a time. It's probably not perfectly random this way but it's not like it needs to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.