4 Posts

Food Fight: Snack Attack» Forums » General

Subject: Can any one talk about the new "Live the Dream" game mechanism? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
luffy Lo
msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it a new variants of the game which is focus on the random problem of the battle phase?
I love the art work of the game very much, but my friend and I hate the randomly battle system.
If there are some solution to solve this problem, it should be a "must buy" expansion, otherwise, it just.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau No last name
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
luffy13 wrote:
Is it a new variants of the game which is focus on the random problem of the battle phase?
I love the art work of the game very much, but my friend and I hate the randomly battle system.
If there are some solution to solve this problem, it should be a "must buy" expansion, otherwise, it just.......

Greetings,

First let me say I love this game. It's a lot of fun with kids, is easy to teach, and usually doesn't last too long. That being said, the random element can certainly be frustrating.

So here's how we get around it(mostly.) We don't do the drafting mechanism as with kids it just takes too long. Each player gets dealt 9 cards and you build your army like you normally would, up to 5 cards. That is the random part of it. Then we allow your to preset your cards to whatever order you like, much like a permanent Grilled Cheesus card. This way people can pull off combos, and there is still some randomness to the game.

Thoughts?

- Raider30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Bockerstette
United States
Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, wouldn't you still get that "YES!" moment when the fight is really close and your combo happened to barely win?
You pointing out the "YES!" moment just made me realize the reason why the designers went with random draws (big thumbs up for that insight), but the game seems better when you can arrange the cards and really take advantage of the combinations available.
I think the easiest thing is for Cryptozoic to put in an "official" game variant in the upcoming expansion. So, we'll have Boot Camp, Go to War, and possibly "Culitomic Annihilation".... Culinary and Atomic put together.... anybody see what I did there... anybody? Cripes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monsieur Douby
France
flag msg tools
This must have been removed from the expansion, there are only 40 new cards :
- 5 Corporal Cold Pizza (Breakfast)
- 5 Green Beret Granola Bar (Breakfast)
- 5 Black Jack Beef Jerky (Lunch)
- 5 Corporal Potato Chip (Lunch)
- 5 Captain Canapé (Dinner)
- 5 Colonel Popcorn (Dinner)
- 4 Salsa Bandito (Instant)
- 4 Cheese Whizzer (Instant)
- 1 Cookie Creature (Mascot)
- 1 Lester the Lecherous Leopard (Mascot)

And that's all !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.