5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming

Subject: Android Market Application - feedback wanted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ulrik Gametimer
msg tools
Hi
Made an Android application to support in social games where you need a configurable timer that is easy to use.

Made version 1.11 available and feels that the app now is more or less ready but lack some feedback on it.

https://market.android.com/details?id=se.weblin.gametimer&fe...

Try it out and let me know!

/Ulrik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrik Gametimer
msg tools
Hmm, I thought that someone should be brave enough to give some kind of feedback. Will soon focus on another app project but wanted some real user feedback on this app fist.

If you don't want to write in the log please mail me your feedback. Use mail link on https://market.android.com/details?id=se.weblin.gametimer#?t....

BR
Ulrik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried it but it feels to "noisy" for my taste. The background images and "handwritten" text makes the makes the actual numbers hard to read. Larger font size would be nice.

A pause button would also be useful.

I would leave the max/min thing off by default, it is just confusing to a new user, and I can't see many cases where it would be useful.

Sorry for the negativity... I have a small phone (X10 mini) so probably looks better on a normal sized screen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrik Gametimer
msg tools
Hi
Thanks for the feedback.

The Noisy part - Taken will increase the font for the count down.

Max/Min - Agree off for new users. The game save the settings when you exit so if haven't unchecked the option you will still have it visible.
(The fact is that the random function was the reason I created the game in the first place - for the Parcel hunt game).

Pause - tricky I tried to make a simple UI, ie a setup phase (with some options) and a run mode that only have the functions start/stop. Do you have an idea how to interact with the UI and put into pause in a good way?

All feedback is good feedback.

Ver 1.13 uploaded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrik Gametimer
msg tools
Added a pause function as well.
If you "long press" on the screen while the timer is running it pauses.
Restart by long press again.

Included in ver 1.14.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.