Subject: For Christmas? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Gezelius
Sweden
122 48 Årsta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any hope of getting a game before Christmas?
(If you (like me) have preordered one, I should add.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frogman wrote:
Any hope of getting a game before Christmas?
(If you (like me) have preordered one, I should add.)

More than anyone else I was truly hoping that we would receive the shipment in time to pass out the games by Christmas. Unfortunately, we are looking at shipping out any Kickstarter rewards and pre-orders the first week in January. I have seen other publishers take up to a year to deliver pre-orders out so I am aware of how back logged a project can become.

This being my first commercially produced release I feel good that I have been able to turn around the manufacture and shipment of the games with only a few issues. I originally estimated that I would receive the games in mid-November, but that is when I started running into minor issues here and there. On a positive note, I know what to expect now and I am better prepared to handle the release of the expansion for Dark Horse. Once the games start hitting peoples doorsteps it will have only been a little over six months since the end of the Kickstarter campaign. I estimate the turnaround for the future expansion for Dark Horse should only take four months.

In closing, I know this is a disappointment for most backers and I do apologize for the minor delays that have cropped up. I wish you all the best in the coming Holidays and hope you have a chance to relax with family and friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunate but not the end of the world.

Maybe you could send them out in alphabetical order? cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gezelius
Sweden
122 48 Årsta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it isn't the end of the world. I just asked so that I don't have to look for a message 5 times a day
I'll be patient..... Or at least try to be....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frogman wrote:
No, it isn't the end of the world. I just asked so that I don't have to look for a message 5 times a day
I'll be patient..... Or at least try to be....

I wasn't implying you were thinking that. Sorry if it came across that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frogman wrote:

I did not really think about this before but I see David's point. Anyone who pre-ordered outside of Kickstarter will not automatically receive the "Update" notices for the project. Although, I think you can click on a star of some sort in the upper right corner of a project to receive notifications even if you have not backed a project? I will make a point of letting future pre-order customers know that.

I appreciate everyone’s patience. The whole Kickstarter experience is truly unique. For the most part, there is a lot of trust placed in one person to follow through. I think other Kickstarter project creators may lean towards an attitude that a delay is a delay. However, I have taken a lot of this personal and I feel obligated to deliver a great game on time.

Game design for me has never been about making money but more importantly creating a connection with various gamers across the world. I am looking forward to 2012 and establishing a tight knit group within the gaming community!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gezelius
Sweden
122 48 Årsta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you'll make some money too though!
(as a nice side effect)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frogman wrote:
Hope you'll make some money too though!
(as a nice side effect)

My fingers are definitely crossed. My wife is going to kill me if I dip into our savings again! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I caught this game by accident while surfing around BGG, so unfortunately I missed the KS boat, but I immediately ordered from your website and am also awaiting a copy post Christmas.

This game looks really amazing and it's too bad it is not more visible. It could really end up being a classic IMO.

Keep up the great work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilkFromACow wrote:
I caught this game by accident while surfing around BGG, so unfortunately I missed the KS boat, but I immediately ordered from your website and am also awaiting a copy post Christmas.

This game looks really amazing and it's too bad it is not more visible. It could really end up being a classic IMO.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks Jason, I appreciate the kind words! I think in time the word will slowly get out for Dark Horse. Once the games come in I will start sending out copies for review, which should start the ball rolling.

I have high hopes for the game filling that sweet spot in gamer's collections for dice rolling, territory building, and variable player powers. All in all, I feel really good about how the Dark Horse core game turned out. I am looking forward to expanding some of the Wild West flavor and history in the upcoming expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to be over-zealous but any news? Really looking forward to the arrival.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

Not a problem.

The Dark Horse shipment came in today and everything looks great! I will be spending all day tomorrow packing up boxes and doing quality control. I will attempt to get out a load of Priority Mail boxes out on Tuesday. I believe most, if not all, of the boxes will be in the mail on Wednesday. I will post an update on Kickstarter late tomorrow once I have a good idea on where the shipping stands.

I am very excited to get these out and relieved that there were no hidden surprises!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gezelius
Sweden
122 48 Årsta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad 'your baby' was delivered safely and soundly.
I can well imagine the excitements and worries connected to a project like this when you are not a big company but just a person taking the jump into an investment like this.
I've been there, but with much less preparations and marketing, and think you will have far more success.

Looking forward

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

Not a problem.

The Dark Horse shipment came in today and everything looks great! I will be spending all day tomorrow packing up boxes and doing quality control. I will attempt to get out a load of Priority Mail boxes out on Tuesday. I believe most, if not all, of the boxes will be in the mail on Wednesday. I will post an update on Kickstarter late tomorrow once I have a good idea on where the shipping stands.

I am very excited to get these out and relieved that there were no hidden surprises!

Fantastic. Congratulations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is always in the last place you look
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. Congratulations on your accomplishment Don.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone! It feels good to finally see one of my games professionally boxed up with beautiful components. I am looking forward to everyone getting a chance to check out their copy of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait for it to show up! Hopefully can get it played soon! My gaming group was quite interested when I described it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I cannot wait for this. I missed the Kickstarter and purchased a copy late. Really wish I was able to support this amazing looking game earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While we all await our copies to be delivered, is there a chance to see the final pdf of the rules that are included in the box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MantaScorp wrote:
While we all await our copies to be delivered, is there a chance to see the final pdf of the rules that are included in the box?

Good catch. I have that on my list to upload to BGG but I have uploaded it to my site as well. The link to the PDF is here:

http://www.knightworks.net/darkhorse/dark_horse_rules_final....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received notice that the game was scheduled to ship yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my notification today as well. Trying to do the math on how long it will take the USPS to get the package from Colorado to Illinois...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MantaScorp wrote:
I got my notification today as well. Trying to do the math on how long it will take the USPS to get the package from Colorado to Illinois...

I finished assembling, signing, and purchased the Priority Mail labels last night. Most packages will go out in the mail tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
MantaScorp wrote:

Good catch. I have that on my list to upload to BGG but I have uploaded it to my site as well. The link to the PDF is here:

http://www.knightworks.net/darkhorse/dark_horse_rules_final....

Is this the same as the one in the box or a revised manual?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Is this the same as the one in the box or a revised manual?

It is exactly the same as the book in the game box, except I removed a Note: at the bottom of the "Start Game Box" paragraph on page 11. There is a strip of paper in each box that denotes that Note: should be ignored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.