Subject: Dwarven Curse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This got mentioned in the Strategy section, but I wanted to post this here to see what everyone thought. Dwarven Curse reads:

(2B) Dwarven Curse: Wave 3, Pull 3, ATT vs. WILL

Now we read this as any enemy models in wave 3 range can be move up to 3 spaces (and must end closer to the Dwarf per "pull" rules) which is pretty straight forward.

The part that came up though was the ATT vs. WILL section. We had read it as anyone we were trying to move needed to make an "ATT vs. WILL" check to see if the special action took effect or failed.

The other case that was given though was that Dwarven Curse is a Special Action & didn't need a dice roll to take effect and that the ATT vs WILL was a status inflicted on the moved enemy, making them use ATT vs WILL instead of against ARM til next activation.

The book does mention that any Special Action that needed a roll would have it listed, but didn't go into detail how exactly, so wanted to clarify, is this a case where the ATT vs WILL is a check or a status?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ATT vs. WILL is definitely the "check" to see if the pull effects the model. So, every model that fails to "defend" against the Dwarf's ATT roll with their WILL roll gets pulled in by the Curse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it can make sense both ways, if by curse they mean some magical hex, then you need an negative effect applied on them

if curse means "taunt", then it is a roll where you test whether the monster takes the bait using will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Somerville
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
Perhaps just me being dense here, but does the dwarf roll ATT once and each enemy rolling WILL individually agains the result, are does the dwarf roll ATT once for each enemy affected?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gormash wrote:
Perhaps just me being dense here, but does the dwarf roll ATT once and each enemy rolling WILL individually agains the result, are does the dwarf roll ATT once for each enemy affected?

I play it as rolling once for the Dwarf (it is one action, so you only roll one time), then each enemy rolls against that one roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He Man
United States
California
flag msg tools
So wait, does the curse cause wounds on model who failed will checks? I have been playing it so. Or is it simply movement shenanigan ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlaveOne wrote:
So wait, does the curse cause wounds on model who failed will checks? I have been playing it so. Or is it simply movement shenanigan ability?

It shouldnt since this is a "Special Ability" (blue) so no actual damage is being done.

Thanks guys for the input! Yeh I played as that listing was the check, but someone had brought up the point about it possibly being the status effect and since the rules only vaguely cover Special Actions that have "checks" I wanted to compare notes.

Yeh thematically I can see the argument too btwn curse (taunt) and curse (hex) too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He Man
United States
California
flag msg tools
Doh! I red the card once when we first started playing, i forgot it was Blue. Cool beans thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McClure
msg tools
Since there is a die role, would any hearts or potions rolled be obtained on success?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeriph wrote:
Since there is a die role, would any hearts or potions rolled be obtained on success?

No, you only get hearts or potions if a wound is inflicted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.