Popular Tags: [View All]
Emperor Penguin
United States
Mercer
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up Masons for $2 from a dollar store called Dollar Stuff in Hermitage Pennsylvania.

They still have a bunch more. They also had Lord of the Rings: The Duel for $2 but that was almost sold out. And yes the games are new in shrink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Loop
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A steal at that price - not a bad game, you should pick up a bunch.
Worth it for the wood bits alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
IvanGrimm wrote:
I just picked up Masons for $2 from a dollar store called Dollar Stuff in Hermitage Pennsylvania.

They still have a bunch more. They also had Lord of the Rings: The Duel for $2 but that was almost sold out. And yes the games are new in shrink.

WOW!!! $2??? REALLY??? You only bought 1??? I've never played the game, but I'd buy 'em just for the bits!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter Loop wrote:
A steal at that price - not a bad game, you should pick up a bunch.
Worth it for the wood bits alone.

Ditto...I'd go back and buy them out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good game, and for a quid, a solid bargain. Even as gifts, they're a great find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperor Penguin
United States
Mercer
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have $125 copies of Masons and about 10 copies of the LoTR Duel game.

You guys have a good point, I might pick up a second copy just to use the wood bits for the buildings in London (I think that would work).

*edited for spelling*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck, I'm all about sharing, but at that price I would buy them out and give them as gifts, sell them on ebay for a 400% return on investment, and/or hold them as trade bait.

Its a decent game, especially at that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:
Heck, I'm all about sharing, but at that price I would buy them out and give them as gifts, sell them on ebay for a 400% return on investment, and/or hold them as trade bait.

Its a decent game, especially at that price.

It's a great game, and one of my favorite. I got mine for $10 on Amazon a couple years ago. Not sure $8 profit per is worth the hassle of listing and shipping them, though. And as far as trade bait goes, they've been around at low enough prices lately I'm not sure how many people would be willing to trade FOR them. That is, most everyone who wants one probably has one. But I'd definitely buy a few at that price; why not????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N/A
Iceland
Yankeedom
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IvanGrimm wrote:
I might pick up a second copy just to use the wood bits for the buildings in London (I think that would work).

Brilliant idea! I'm going to trawl the dollar stores in my area to see if any pop up here, for just that purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Glenbrook
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many of these were printed?!

I really enjoy this game. It has gone over well with non-gamers I have played with. It makes a great gift for a gamer, non-gamer who enjoys boardgames or anyone who is "game-curious".

I would buy 10 of these and give them to everyone who I introduce the game to that enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good game and a steal at $2 but resale value (buying up a bunch of copies with hopes of making a profit) isn't a winning proposition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kendahlj wrote:
It's a good game and a steal at $2 but resale value (buying up a bunch of copies with hopes of making a profit) isn't a winning proposition.

Yeah, I got mine for $10 with free ship from amazon a while back. Just how many copies did they print???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Hermitage, PA?!
I grew up next door!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.