Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward
United States
New York City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit over a year ago, I started DominionStrategy.com, and it ended up being far more successful than I could have ever hoped. So now I'm branching out, and writing another strategy blog: this time about my favorite game of all time, Twilight Struggle.

With assistance from Riku Riekkinen (for my money, one of the best players in the world), I plan to post analyses of each card, each battleground country, each region, and articles covering general strategy. It's written at a medium-to-advanced level, and assumes familiarity with all of the rules of Twilight Struggle.

http://twilightstrategy.com

Feedback is welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, I'll be following. How about mirroring your content with the Blog feature here on BGG too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United States
New York City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do people actually read those things? I'd be happy to do it, but I don't know if it's the worth the effort, since I never read BGG blogs and I don't think there's a way for my BGG blog to automatically pull content from an outside source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt feldman
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theory wrote:
A bit over a year ago, I started DominionStrategy.com, and it ended up being far more successful than I could have ever hoped. So now I'm branching out, and writing another strategy blog: this time about my favorite game of all time, Twilight Struggle.

With assistance from Riku Riekkinen (for my money, one of the best players in the world), I plan to post analyses of each card, each battleground country, each region, and articles covering general strategy. It's written at a medium-to-advanced level, and assumes familiarity with all of the rules of Twilight Struggle.

Feedback is welcome.

Huzzah, theory! I'm a big fan and was an early adopter of the dominion strategy blog, and as an average dabbler of a player i believe it's been of huge benefit to me.

i have 25 or so plays of TS, but similarly consider myself to be an average player, a dabbler. i greatly anticipate the new blog. i'm happy to have the opportunity to let you know what a great influence your work has been and thank you for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
theory wrote:
Do people actually read those things? I'd be happy to do it, but I don't know if it's the worth the effort, since I never read BGG blogs and I don't think there's a way for my BGG blog to automatically pull content from an outside source.

Free thumbs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hagen
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
age agree eek egg erg gag gage game gamer gee geek gem germ keg kegger mag mage meek mega merge reek rem
mb
theory wrote:

People would read yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob dole
msg tools
mbmbmb
jojobinks wrote:
theory wrote:

Feedback is welcome.

Huzzah, theory! I'm a big fan and was an early adopter of the dominion strategy blog, and as an average dabbler of a player i believe it's been of huge benefit to me.

i have 25 or so plays of TS, but similarly consider myself to be an average player, a dabbler. i greatly anticipate the new blog. i'm happy to have the opportunity to let you know what a great influence your work has been and thank you for it.

What he said

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you love Labyrinth: The War on Terror 2011 - ?? as much so you do this. Nothing better than well written, fan content.

thumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Colica
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a new player, only 5 games under my belt so far, but i love the game and following a strategy blog will be great!

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice. I found it through the BGG blogs, and would follow it on there. But if you won't be posting the full posts there, I'll just subscribe to the RSS feed of the external blog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United States
New York City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
Very nice. I found it through the BGG blogs, and would follow it on there. But if you won't be posting the full posts there, I'll just subscribe to the RSS feed of the external blog.

I'll likely continue doing what I did, which is post the lead on BGG and link the rest to the site. It's more difficult to build up a community if it's split between two sites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. I'll go wherever the content is, as it's excellent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Stromberg
Denmark
Bagsvaerd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks great. Good overview and help for us at a medium level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The blog is just flat-out awesome. A great study tool for newbies to the game like me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game recently, read the rules, some reviews and articles but never played it so far. Perhaps this week.

I heard of "DEFCON always at 2", "COMECON trap", "coup in Italy or Iran as opening" but i wasn't able to figure out why : after reading your posts on your blog, now i can see what's going on with these assertions.

All the tips you gave us are very helpful. Keep on your excellent and interesting job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United States
New York City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you enjoy this blog, I just made a microbadge for it:

mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.