Subject: First Strike rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Florian Gross
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Dear Sirs,

I've recently played my first D&D CoN game and was wondering if I've used the First Strike rule correctly. Wizards get to use FS the first battleround and every subsequent round or just the FIRST battleround. The way I've understood the rules say first and subsequent rounds. Which made those wizards incredibly powerful. Just wanted clarification on that.

Thx in advance

Regards

Flo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eder wrote:
The way I've understood the rules say first and subsequent rounds. Which made those wizards incredibly powerful.

That is also how I understand the rules. Going first in every round is powerful, but not incredibly powerful. A great many games have units with that advantage, e.g. archers in Warlords of Europe or 'A' units in Hammer of the Scots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, every round units with "First Strike" (most of the time only Wizards, but there are cards that give others First Strike if I´m not mistaken) strike before every other unit. Powerful, well worth the 3 gold, but still it´s only a D10 for the Wizard, so it´s not game breaking or anything. Always a good idea to have a Wizard or 2 if you enter a Dungeon (a lone Wizard should be paired with at least one Fighter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Gross
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thx for the heads up

Regards

Flo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.