Subject: thematic justification for one-way movement paths? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After watching my opponent in my very first game fall into the apparently classic newbie blunder of attempting to besiege Quebec from Kennebec, it got me wondering: Thematically speaking, what is up with the one-way movements paths?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mbmbmbmbmb
Launching a military operation through the heart of the wilderness was all but impossible except via waterways (Mohawk, Champlain, St. Lawrence). By moving into Kennebec, the British can launch one step Indian raids which could be seen as Johnson (the historical go-between between the Brits and the Six Nations) extending influence over the Iroquois in the region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
BeatPosse wrote:
Launching a military operation through the heart of the wilderness was all but impossible except via waterways (Mohawk, Champlain, St. Lawrence). By moving into Kennebec, the British can launch one step Indian raids which could be seen as Johnson (the historical go-between between the Brits and the Six Nations) extending influence over the Iroquois in the region.

And the Ft. Dookie cut-off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.