Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 questions that came up when I played this game last week:

1) Is translation correct in the English rules about attacking a colony. You must have a disc there already, as well as play a boat card to attack there? I understand the play of the boat card always, but it really limited what people could do in the colonies to reconfigure the board in their favor. I was wondering if it was trying to say that unlike in Europe your disc being there was inconsequential. You always have to have a boat.

2) What happens when you hit the top of the chart on unrest? Do you cycle (in effect, it is limitless)? Do you cap out, and although you can't get money that way anymore you take no more unrest when you lose battles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uli Blennemann
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave,

Sorry for not seeing this earlier...

1. Yes, for an attack in the colony you need a control disc in place. This is not necessary during a conversion.

2. When you hit the bottom of the unrest chart, you stay there. You may still attack but not get any money anymore via the chart.
(Ouch! How on earth did you manage to reach -22 during a turn; moreover, what did you do during alliance determination?)

Uli

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hélio Andrade
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uli Blennemann wrote:
(Ouch! How on earth did you manage to reach -22 during a turn; moreover, what did you do during alliance determination?)

Uli

Is it so strange to reach -22? In our game this weekend, usually 3-4 out of 7 players reached -22 by the end of EACH of the 3 rounds. (Yes we halved the value at the end of the round, but lots of attacks lead to big losses in unrest).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
helioa wrote:
Uli Blennemann wrote:

Uli

Is it so strange to reach -22? In our game this weekend, usually 3-4 out of 7 players reached -22 by the end of EACH of the 3 rounds. (Yes we halved the value at the end of the round, but lots of attacks lead to big losses in unrest).

I found that in our first games unrest was very high. We were always trying to attack and not weighing the chances well. So we lost a lot and had to use a ton of unrest for army cards.

In the last game we played, most of the players stayed between 5 and 14 most of the time, with one going dangerously high. We attacked less and tried to only attack when the outcome was fairly certain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.