Subject: Naval Units for Skirmish Wars: Advance Tactics and Blitz rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Marshall
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Hi,

Awesome job on putting together such a true-to-its-source boardgame adaptation of Advance Wars! My question is pretty simple: are there any plans to add in the naval units in the future? If so, I could see more sea-centric maps and even more varied means of transporting and deploying units. It would truly make this board game adaptation complete where I'm concerned.

Before I go, I'm a huge fan not only of the Advance Wars games but the Daisenryaku series, which is based on real-life nations and hundreds of units from the modern era or World War II. Currently I am helping to raise awareness for the upcoming PlayStation 3 and XBox 360 entry, Daisenryaku Perfect HD, at the US PlayStation forums. If you love strategy games like this and would like to add your voice in support or simply check it out, here's the link:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427?start=0&t...

Anyway, if you could please answer my question regarding naval units/sea tile-based map add-ons, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Martin
United States
CAMAS
WA
flag msg tools
designer
"...but only slightly less well known is this:
badge
...never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Working on it. I have the art, some base tiles and modular pieces, and the rules for naval units are mostly done.

Slowly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Davies
United States
Winter Park
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there ever any movement on this? I have worked out some Navy tiles using the stats off of the updated Reference sheet available here.

I am assuming that the big question is how to deal with subs, since tracking a dived sub would be a pain and currently we (thankfully) don't keep track of fuel. Would it be easiest to just make a special exception that they cannot be attacked at Range 1 in order to preserve their main utility as anti-Battleship and Lander?

Really enjoy this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yup yip
msg tools
Would you post them please? I guess somebody may come up with unofficial rules if there is any artwork

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lütgens
Germany
Lübeck
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
Hy, i Hope the rules And Units coming soon .to make the Game compleate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert strickland
Canada
flag msg tools
CAN'T WAITE!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.