Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Congdon
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually my first print and play game. I'm a big fan of most zombie-themed games. I've even bought a few and found out later that they weren't the greatest (ahem....Zombie Survival: The Board Game). I've bought others and been extremely happy with them, such as Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game.

I figured I couldn't go wrong with this one. OK, a small quick zombie game that I didn't even have to buy. And, thanks to another fan, you can try it out on your computer through a Flash-based implementation.

I tried the Flash version. Played it about six times. Kept seeing the dreaded 'GAME OVER' screen. OK, I figured I must be missing something. I can't be this bad at such a small little game.

Boy was I wrong. I took the time to use the nice HP color laser in our office with some cardstock. Tip...make sure you take the time to line things up correctly if you are going to print on both sides. My card backs are little skewed. And don't forget to print the rules on paper and not cardstock so you can fold them correctly.

When completed, it looks like a professionally published game. Really. Except maybe some of my crooked cutting. But that's the best part. I can throw this away and do it over again without worrying about the money spent on the game.

So, after a quick perusal of the rules, I jumped right into zombie killing. Wow. Two games later, I'm still in pain with an unusable vehicle and zombies chewing on my brains. So, I introduced the game to my nine year old son. Same thing...two games later and the same results. So, next my twelve year old takes a swing. Would you believe he pulls it off? Just in time too. He had most of the car fixed, and still had most of his barricade. He gets his 10 kill bonus and picks 'No Spawn Next Turn'. So he rolls all four dice to fix his car...and gets one repair. This pushes him to a spawn rate of four zombies. Ouch. So next turn, he gambles that the wall will hold and uses all four dice to fix the car. The zombies pawing at his garage door proved too much of a distraction as he got no repairs accomplished. Now things are desperate. I point out to him that the ONLY way to win now is to still use all four dice to fix the car. If he kills zombies, with all four dice, that still leaves two, and he only has two barricade points left. If he succeeds at repairing with all four dice to fix his barricade, that leaves six zombies to smash through the six points, thus killing him. So, only needing two points to repair his truck, the only potential is to roll all four to fix the truck. Sure the odds aren't great, but it's the only chance to win. So he rolls...and promptly runs over all six zombies with his suddenly started truck.

All in all, the three of us enjoyed this game. For a free game, you can't really go wrong. It's simple, fun, and easy to play...but it takes some time to figure out a good winning strategy.

I suggest this game to everyone who likes these quick games. Personally, I am a big fan of the 1.5 Portable version, mainly because it's in color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robertson Sondoh Jr
Malaysia
Kota Kinabalu
Sabah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the review! When I introduce the game to a friend, same thing happened - no win and he go for smoke right after the game... stressful maybe :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.