Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
False Maria
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hey Guys,

I've been wanting to get into a Cthulhu game for a while now. Arkham Horror is just not going to happen with my friends and time schedule. This game on the other hand seems perfect.

I have never played a CCG or LCG, so I am unsure about this one point.

If I buy my own "Call of Cthulhu" game, and bring it to a friend's house, are we able to play together without having to have him buy his own "core" set as well? Can we play with just the one copy of it?

Or is the whole model of the LCG based on each player having his own set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play a 2-player game with just one core set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Anderson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player needs his own deck. from what set or sets it comes from doesn't matter so you could each make a deck from the core set and play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All you need is a single Core set.

The Core set contains a bunch of cards for 7 different factions (plus Neutral cards).

The intent is that you build a deck by picking 2 factions, adding their cards together, and then sprinkling a few Neutral cards in to top it off.

So, as long as you and your friend can agree not to pick the same factions you're good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.