Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Liar's Dice» Forums » General

Subject: How to improve your Perudo experience with a custom bar mat from Artscow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's some fantastic homemade boards for Perudo/Liar's Dice available on BGG, and for some time I've been thinking about a good way to turn one of these attractive boards into a durable product without spending a fortune.

What it looks like

When I saw the latest set of Special Sale promotions over at Artscow, I realized that I'd finally discovered the perfect solution. Artscow is currently offering a special price for a 16" x 8.5" medium bar mat at just US$5.99 (shipped). Before I get any further, let me show you how the final result turned out:

Isn't that fantastic? According to Artscow: "This 16" x 8.5" rectangular bar mat is made of a durable heat-resistant polyester fabric top, backed with a neoprene rubber non-slip backing, keeps the bar mats from sliding. The bar mat is 1/8" thick. It will not discolor or fade, machine washable." It's made out of the same material as mousepads, and the rubber backing and fabric top is just perfect for this purpose!

How I made it

So how did I make it? I opted to start with the terrific homemade game board designed by BGG user Tyler Lischka, which I converted from a PDF to a JPG at high resolution with the help of multiple screen shots. You'll find his original file here, so please go shower him with thumbs:

Liar's Dice Homemade Gameboard

The only thing that I wasn't entirely happy with was the colour scheme. So I made some adjustments to the graphic design in order to change the name to Perudo (taking the lettering from the box cover of another edition of the game), and to make the colours match exactly with the dice of the edition of the game that I own. I then added some borders, and the resulting file was a high quality image with a resolution of 5280x2805 pixels, well above Artscow's suggested minimum requirement for these mats.

How you can make it

Do you want to make one that's exactly the same as mine? No problem - first get the final version of the high resolution jpg image that I made by downloading this image in its full Original size. You can then upload this to Artscow and order your own bar mat in just minutes, using the coupon from their Special Sale page.

Alternatively, make your own custom bar mat by using one of the other great homemade boards that other gamers have designed for the game and made available here on BGG. For just US$5.99, these rubber/fabric mats are an excellent way to upgrade your copy of the game and improve your Perudo experience. I'm not sure how long this offer is valid, so get your coupon while you can - it sure beats using a paper printout of the board!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I have this board:

There is a functional benefit compared to all others. If you arrange the lost (or unused) dice in rows of threes, then you can look at the number of open rows to quickly estimate the average quantity of any given number, i.e. exactly equal to that number of open rows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kudos Ender. Love the changes you made and glad to see a complete set! Looks awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Brown
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered my mat today. Thanks for the great info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Closet Thrifter

New Hampshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elitusprime wrote:
Ordered my mat today. Thanks for the great info!

What steps did you follow to order it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Brown
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the link in the original post to go to the medium bar mat page at Artscow.

Then clicked the create it button to go into their editor. Then I uploaded the highest rez version of the pirates image, fit it to the mat, set the background color to black, and called it good.

No idea how it will turn out. This is my first order from Artscow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.