Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Goetz
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in a recent math and got matched up for two trades. One of the trades has gone off without problems, as has been true for me in math trades all along, and the game for me is en route. The other, however, I haven't heard from the person who is supposed to be sending me a game (the math trade closed roughly a week and a half ago). I made a trade proposal in BGG, which expired, and sent a followup geekmail at that point. This person has logged in at least every day I've checked, so reasonably often since the trade closed, and has what I perceive to be a good trade rating as well. If I'm just unlucky, then so be it - I'm just trying to figure out what, if any, approach I should take next. I've also contacted the math trade organizer and haven't heard back, but that was only a few days ago.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing I would do is give the person a little more time to respond. This is a busy time of the year for many people and the person may just be swamped with others things. As a reformed procrastinator, I can understand how someone may log in to the site and read emails with the good intention of responding, but take a few days to get around to it.

Next you may want to contact the organizer of the math trade to see if they can prod the recalcitrant trader to action.

If you feel that you're getting nowhere with the trader, then visit the Trade Dispute Resolution page. There is a link there to geekmail Octavian to see if he can help with the "trade dispute".

There is a "Deadbeat/Slacker" geeklist, but use that with caution. Airing grievances in public can often result undesirable consequences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with waiting a few more days. I wouldn't bother Octavian unless it's been at least a couple of weeks, and several unanswered e-mails. If they made other trades in this math trade check with others expecting something from this person.

I had an issue with someone once, and couldn't get resolution through Octavian. In the meantime the individual logged off and was away from BGG for a while.

After 3 months, I posted on the deadbeat/slacker list, only after having made sure I exhausted all other options first, and stuck to only listing facts.

Over a year later the person started logging onto BGG again, realized that they had not completed the trade, sent me the trade item, along with a very nice make-up gift. I'm totally satisfied with the resolution, and removed their name from the list. It took about 18 month from start to closure.

Sometimes real life happens outside of this website, particularly around the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I would give them time as well. Not sure which person this is but checking the math trade I see the two people you were suppose to receive games from both have strong trade histories.

On the flip side it does seem odd that someone with that strong of a trade history should be logging in every day and not at least dropping you a few words explaining what is going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.