Subject: Multiple lieutenant question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I'm in the lucky position of having all three of the Farrow family in Tamalir, ready to siege on my next turn.

The heroes spend their week moving to a dungeon and finishing that dungeon. At the end of the dungeon, they decide to return to Tamalir.

Can they encounter one of the Farrows during that same week? Or do they have to wait another week?

My understanding is that they can only encounter one lieutenant a week, plus visiting a town. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, the FAQ talks about this. Yes, they can encounter each lieutenant and in the order they choose in the same game week. I do believe they can visit the town as well in between the encounters but I'm not sure on that one.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sims
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
I believe the answer is no. When fleeing a dungeon, the Hero week ends, and they are in Tamalir. They cannot engage, nor visit town shops. (tho a wisely fleeing party would take trips to Tamalir while in the dunegon as part of their flee). But then their game week is over.

Likewise, if you take a Move action in Terrinoth, you decide, upon arrival (or, if already there, then you just start this part) whether or not to engage a lieutenant, or two or three. Once those are done, you finally choose, as a last thing, to visit the town shops. Once you do that, your turn is over, and you can't then decide to re-engage again.

That's how we play it, at least.

Q: Can the heroes Visit buildings, purchase Tamalir upgrades, or fight lieutenants if the party marker is placed in Tamalir after ending/fleeing a dungeon?
A: No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, yes, poobaloo is correct. I totally missed the part of the question about encountering a lieutenant after "fleeing a dungeon". Sorry, I thought the question was whether or not they could encounter multiple lieutenants at Tamilir.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are multiple lieutenants in Tamalir, is there any strategic reason that the heroes would not engage all of them (in sequence) at the first opportunity? Why would they ever let lieutenants sit there? It would just give the overlord more turns to accumulate siege tokens / possibly raze Tamalir for the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Keller
Denmark
flag msg tools
You only recover fatigue between fights. You might find it advantageous to visit the town after the first few rounds of fighting, to heal up a bit, visit the market and grab some more potions.

Especially if Tamalir hasn't been fully sieged yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sims
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
trenttsd wrote:
If there are multiple lieutenants in Tamalir, is there any strategic reason that the heroes would not engage all of them (in sequence) at the first opportunity? Why would they ever let lieutenants sit there?

I can see a few reasons. Move there healed. Encounter one of them. It goes ok, he retreats -- but now you have a wounded party and spent some potions. Engage the other now while on 50% health, or wait and recuperate? I would rest. Visit the healer and stock up on potions or take a market draw. Next turn, engage the next one (or, maybe he engages you). Having a Power and Vitality potion on each hero makes such a huge difference.

Or maybe spend a whole extra week while a couple Heroes train in Tamalir, which has some pretty good skills.

Depends how many siege tokens there are, and if it means giving the OL a roll to end the game or burn the city. Of course if it's a game-ender you probly won't chance it. If time is on your side, then optimize your chances going into each battle. If time is on the OL side then the Heroes are just plain rushed and have to take them on ready or not.

Even then, it might still be better to take a 1/3 chance of losing the game, over say a higher chance of losing a battle (and then, the game) you can't win cuz you're damaged and potionless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.