Subject: Promotion Ideas! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Robert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As it stands currently, Exile Sun is 82% funded at $14,909 with 257 backers and 15 days to go.

I think its safe to say the 18,000 goal is well within reach. (Kings of Air and Steam made 6k in their last day) However, the 30k necessary for the final overfunding goal looks a little far off. I for one would like some mini's in my game! And even more, the Race for the Gate Expansion sounds pretty sweet!

So I thought it might be a good idea to create a forum where we can share ideas about how to get the word out there about Exile Sun. The more we promote it the better our games become!

I'll start, but I must admit I'm not the most internet savvy person out there.

I have re-posted the Games Kick-starter Page to my Facebook account, and tweeted about the Overfunding goals. I've also been talking it up in my current gaming group and i know that two other guys have backed it now.

Is there anything else I/We can do. I'm all in on this one so I'm open for suggestions. Lets get the buzz out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quality Reviews, both Video and Written ones always help. There is currently one video review, but more wouldn't hurt, and a comprehensive written review, with as much images as possible, would be great.

A promotional geeklist with information about the game, and why it is a good one to own in addition to all the other space games that have come out lately might help - I did a geeklist for Empires of the Void when kickstarting that, and it seemed to bring in a flurry of backers.

New and good pictures for the game! (Again, Empires of the Void got an influx of new backers while the box cover was among the BGG hot images on the front page.)

Last, but not least, forum activity here - both helps by having threads on front page, and if enough people view pages related to the game, it might make it onto / rise on the BGG hotness.

Basically, for BGG, anything that makes it visible on the front page for people is good, and the more different areas it is visible in (forums, images, geeklists, video reviews, written reviews, the hotness, etc.), the better, as different people read different parts of the site.

I don't have any experience or ideas for promotion outside of BGG - but I would very much like to see this game succeed (and while I'm not bothered about the minis, the first two overfunding goals sound very interesting to me!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks good! Consider it funded by at least one more person!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
JRobertM wrote:

Is there anything else I/We can do. I'm all in on this one so I'm open for suggestions. Lets get the buzz out there!

I was pretty pumped to get the word out myself, and I talked to Eric Martin about what could be done. He recommended plugging it here on BGG as much as possible. I'm still pretty new to the site, so I wasn't sure how best to achieve this. In the end, I decided to try a GeekList. Check it out: 24 Days of BGG - A Six Pack

The posting turned out to be much more popular than I expected, and it was displayed on BGG's front page for the better part of a week. While the Exile Sun portion didn't generate a massive ton of thumbs, I did start to notice some new activity on Kickstarter around that time. I'm not sure if I was able to help much, but it seemed to be pretty effective.

I encourage others to try the same. BGG references in forums, videos, geeklists, reviews, and other visible areas can only do good. Of course, I'd totally settle for a successfully funded project, but if it was to be a massive over-funding success story, all the better.

unic wrote:
Quality Reviews, both Video and Written ones always help. There is currently one video review, but more wouldn't hurt, and a comprehensive written review, with as much images as possible, would be great.

...New and good pictures for the game!

Great points. However, I'm not sure how to go about playing/reviewing/photographing an unreleased game like this. If there was a way to get our hands onto a review copy, I'd be happy to post my two cents. Ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.