Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not in the UK, but I can answer this:

Yes.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/734705/eclipse-preorders-fro...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wright
United Kingdom
Falmouth
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know of one person who preordered from the publisher who has got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
From an earlier thread - 'Not for Xmas' on the Eclipse forums one of the UK etailers (Boardgameguru) posted the following -

Its not set in stone and, subject to the best laid plans of publishers and distributors, it should land in the UK on Friday. If it does (and its a BIG if) then it should be with shops on Tuesday the 20th. So its possible it might, possibly (Post office and Courier companies willing) be with gamers in time for a quick 4 player after polishing off the Turkey. And please don't hold me to any of that

The Friday referred to is the 16th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Sacre
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bucks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my preordered copy today - again, I ordered direct from the publisher. I guess it should be appearing in UK game stores v. soon. Looks fantastic by the way - hope you track one down in time for Christmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smith
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Three copies of my four copy order from the publisher arrived today!

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Eclipse in Isleworth over a month ago. But it was an Essen copy, so no help on general availability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Davidson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
I ordered from Finland. The delivery service, DPD, is quite good once you get the tracking number. I was out yesterday but took delivery today on their 2nd attempt exactly when the system promised. The Supernova expansion was included as promised.

-- Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just checked Esdevium's website (the distributor of the game) and it looks like they have it in the UK! That means they generally get the game to retailers by next Tuesday. Basically, providing the retailers get those games out either Tues or Wed, we should hopefully get them in time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
battlepuppy wrote:
Three copies of my four copy order from the publisher arrived today!

Why 4 copies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Howard

Newmarket
Suffolk
msg tools
mb
I was told today that my pre-order couldn't be filled (unless I want to wait until April).

Anyone got any ideas on who has stock in the UK?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
resole wrote:
I was told today that my pre-order couldn't be filled (unless I want to wait until April).

Ouch! Could I ask who that was with? You never know, I could be in the same boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goat Goatington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
IGUK and Boardgameguru have listings now and I expect others will update over the weekend. It was only on today's Esdevium sheet so it typically takes a couple of days for all the sites to update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
resole wrote:

Actually, looks like my preorder is still on track. Sounds as though a lot of retailers have far fewer copies that they expected.

However, you may be in luck. Check out IGUK (http://www.iguk.co.uk/products/eclipse-12456.aspx). It looks like they have copies and pretty reasonably priced too (not too sure you'll get it for Xmas but still it'll be better than waiting for April).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Goateh wrote:
IGUK and Boardgameguru have listings now and I expect others will update over the weekend. It was only on today's Esdevium sheet so it typically takes a couple of days for all the sites to update.

Gameslore have updated their site too but, like Boardgameguru, they're "out of stock". IGUK looks OK at the moment but I don't think they take pre-orders so, if you're quick, you should be able to grab one.

[Update] Looks like IGUK are now "out of stock" too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Howard

Newmarket
Suffolk
msg tools
mb
Gameslore were undershipped, they let me know yestrday and sorted my refund dead quickly (no complaints here, good service, just bad luck). Leisure Games are still taking pre-orders so here's hoping (fingers crossed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ade Lewis
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
resole wrote:
Gameslore were undershipped, they let me know yestrday and sorted my refund dead quickly (no complaints here, good service, just bad luck). Leisure Games are still taking pre-orders so here's hoping (fingers crossed).

I knew it, If gamelore stuff me up I'll not use them again.
I've had no email about undershipment and no refund I'm aware of so still holding out some hope.

resole: when did you place your pre-order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Necker wrote:
resole wrote:

I knew it, If gamelore stuff me up I'll not use them again.
I've had no email about undershipment and no refund I'm aware of so still holding out some hope.

resole: when did you place your pre-order?

I didn't get an email either. I simply mailed them to enquire whether I was still on for a copy and they said I was. Just mail them. They normally reply very quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ade Lewis
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
Cheers for the heads up Jonathan. thumbsup

I'll let it roll, it should not be up to me to contact them, I've given them my money what more do they want? What more must I do?
(secretly I cant face the dissapointment or rejection )

For me, I'll just slowly simmer and boil (its an english thing) then slate them every chance I get on their inability to communicate with customers and their shabby pre-order controls if they decide at some point, to refund, only when they have finished using my money for the other ventures they need my capital for. (Hehe)

I'll email them if others report deliveries here from them and I dont get eclipse or a refund.

I have loads of other boardgames in the post to curb my immediate new stuff hunger.

On the other hand I might just get it, fingers crossed though I should not have to do that. If it turns up then I'll eat my angry hat

Let us know when you get it, Well done mate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used Gameslore and IGUK for my games purchasing needs and found both of them to be very helpful.

However, I do prefer IGUK and I'll tell you why- you can see exactly how many copies of a given game they have left- and can see when its allocated to you- you know exactly how much stock they have left.

When I bought Eclipse this Friday, I was able to see the whole process- the game being allocated to you, and ready to be dispatched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ade Lewis
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
Arcturus2006 wrote:
I've used Gameslore and IGUK for my games purchasing needs and found both of them to be very helpful.

However, I do prefer IGUK and I'll tell you why- you can see exactly how many copies of a given game they have left- and can see when its allocated to you- you know exactly how much stock they have left.

When I bought Eclipse this Friday, I was able to see the whole process- the game being allocated to you, and ready to be dispatched.

Thats exactly like boardgameguru, every step of the way, an email updating you.
Even a 2 hour alert for the delivery slot!! Impressive.

This time I gambled with gameslore only because Paul @ BGGuru said he had no copies left... my supplier of choice every time.

Honestly, if I get let down on my first time, I wont be back, I'll wait for Aprils release through boardgameguru..

Bah... get your shizzle together gameslore...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ade,

If you've not heard from us then you'll be getting a copy. I don't have the orders that we will be satisfying at home with me but so I can't be 100% certain but if you drop me a mail with your order number I'll happily check for you.

Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter T Davies
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my copy from Gameslore yesterday: really well-packed and in time for Christmas. Many thanks, Paul, and a merry Christmas to you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.