Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Improved rules version 1.03 still leaves this issue open:

"Offer a fief: if the active knight is not a vassal and the target owns less than 2 lands, the knight can give him one of his lands as a fief. In this case the vassalage attempt is successful."

... and the target keeps his offered Gold/Influence? Think so, but I'm not sure ...

Ferdi

One more - I assume players perform War in given player order (start player begins, followed clockwise by others)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
All very interesting but when can I buy the stinking thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firmino Martínez
Spain
Ponte Vedra
Galiza
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"Offer a fief: if the active knight is not a vassal and the target owns less than 2 lands, the knight can give him one of his lands as a fief. In this case the vassalage attempt is successful."

... and the target keeps his offered Gold/Influence? Think so, but I'm not sure ...

The rule is:

The target player offers the amount he wishes of visible Gold and/or Influence to avoid the vassalage.

Then the active knight must:

OR Take half of the total amount of resources (rounded up) and discard the rest. The target receives 2 VP for his resistance (the vassalage attempt fails but the active player stole gold/influence from the target player)
OR Refuse the offer and raise it (the vassalage attempt is successful and the target player keeps his offered Gold/Influence)
OR Offer a land as fief (the vassalage attempt is successful and the target player keeps his offered Gold/Influence)

Quote:
One more - I assume players perform War in given player order (start player begins, followed clockwise by others)?

No. The actions in Power Spheres with more than one space (Court, Market, War, Curia) are resolved, knight by knight, from left to right (no natter who has the starting player token)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your reply and confirming my first assumption.

And sorry for stupid War question, this is clear of course - guess I mixed it up with Crusades, where the player order is irrelevant after all. Probably got a bit confused ;-), just working on a short rule for this game.

¡Hasta la vista!
Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firmino Martínez
Spain
Ponte Vedra
Galiza
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, dont't worry, Ferdi, and enjoy it!
Firmino.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, and we enjoyed it - phew, what a game!

Think we played it almost correct, this was our first game of MIL.

Just a few issues. During family growth, you choose "a visible result" - was mislead by this first, because "visible" are always four sides of the die, so you could always do whatever you wanted, and why ever should you take a time token etc. ... of course you mean you can choose from the result of the die roll, i. e. any icon shown on the TOP side of the die only.

Curia - Player A offers 5 gold, players B and C 3 gold each and player D 2 gold.
A) All players want VP's. A gets 6 VP's, B and C get 4 VP's (6 - (5 - 3)) each and player D 1 VP (6 - (5 - 2) - 2).
B) All players except D want VP's. Do players B and C still get 4 VP's each (because D's offer was the lowest after all), or do they get only 2 VP's each, because their offer was the lowest "active" offer?
With other words, does the lowest offer count as such even if it was retracted?

The only case to keep a woman as influence after removing her from your lineage space is at the Curia, in all other cases the cube is returned to the general supply; is that correct?

Cheers,
Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firmino Martínez
Spain
Ponte Vedra
Galiza
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
During family growth, you choose "a visible result" (...) of course you mean you can choose from the result of the die roll, i. e. any icon shown on the TOP side of the die only

This is correct

Quote:
Curia. (...) does the lowest offer count as such even if it was retracted?

The lowest offer is determined before any retractation.

Quote:
The only case to keep a woman as influence after removing her from your lineage space is at the Curia, in all other cases the cube is returned to the general supply; is that correct?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.