Subject: opponents rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars-Peder Jensen
Denmark
copenhagen
flag msg tools
Hi my name is Lars-Peder

I live in Denmark and i am very interested in playing either on of my two Avalon Hill games: Russian Front and War and Peace.

I would like to use the VASSAL engine. I have installed the neccessary game modules and now i am looking for someone who can guide me through the paly via vassal.

I also play Advanced Squad Leader and A world at war

Hopefully there is someone out there who will respond or take the time to explain to me whrere i can find some serious opponents

Yours

Lars-Peder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lars,

I'm interested in War & Peace, but I'm in Sydney so it would be a PBeM effort. VASSAL is no problem. Let me know if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
United States.

Boston, MA on the East Coast.

I may be up for some gaming Lars. Only the newer versions of War and Peace though.

Post in the Russian Front folder as well. There are a handful of people playing this constantly. They use VASSAL and are pretty good.

--JokerRulez

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UK time for me, so probably pbem only. I'd like to start with the scenarios as it's been a while since I played this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Netherlands here..

The game is on vassel?
Unfortunatly I never managed to figure out how that works and gave up on it.
Well I'm not that great with computers and tend to get bored soon and give up on it.

Bought the game many many years ago and really should have a go at playing it again.
It still is one of my favorites....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Trap
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
East Coast USA here. Learning War and Peace-have played solo a few times on VASSAL. Would love to play via VASSAL.

Also learning D-Day and Afrika Korps- haven't played TRC yet. Have played Squad Leader (not Advanced) as a kid and now relearning it.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars-Peder Jensen
Denmark
copenhagen
flag msg tools
hi steve

i am in Denmark so the time difference is one hour.

PBEM is OKAY with me but i would like to use VASSAL as i am trying to get used to it.

I am also quite rusty on the rules but i remember it as a good boardgame back in the 1980's

By the way i am 46 years old i am married and we have three children aged 10, 8 and 4 so there is not always that much time for gaming.

I like to play these games in a friendly manner where the progress of the game is the important thing for mee. I am not terribly focused on being either the winner or the loser and i much prefer to play the games in a relaxed a friendly atmosphere

please drop me a mail on lars-peder.jensen@hotmail.dk if you are still interested

Yours

Lars-Peder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars-Peder Jensen
Denmark
copenhagen
flag msg tools
Hi Mark

Good to hear from you

I also play A world at war with an american based in korea so i am used to the time difference.

VASSAL using PBEM seems very good. I haven not tried it yet but if you saw my previous reply it is simply because i have only used VASSAL to play advanced squad leader (ASL).

So if you have any experience in setting the game up to get started that would be great.

As i said i am 46 years old, live in Copenhagen with my wife and our three children aged 10, 8 and 4. Given the limited time available i think PBEM could be the best way to go ahead.

I like to play in a friendly atmosphere tackling any rules topics and questions as we go along and i really do not care if i win or lose as long as the game is good and fair

let me know if you are stil interested by writing to lars-peder.jensen@hotmail.dk

yours

lars-peder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars-Peder Jensen
Denmark
copenhagen
flag msg tools
Hi John

Thanks for the hints i will definitely try the Russian Front site as well.

I would love to play and i hope that i may get back to you as soon as i have gotten used to the rules in the latest version. I took up the invi tation from the to first persons to post replys but i guess that once i am used to the game there may be room for some multiplayer action.I hope you will still be interested then

Yours

Lars-Peder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars-Peder Jensen
Denmark
copenhagen
flag msg tools
Hi Brian

As you can see from my latest posting

I would love to get back to you as soon as i am ready on the rules and the way to use VASSAL for War and Peace.

The other games you are looking at seems interesting too. Hve you got the rules and the VASSAL modules for them?

Please send any comment or question to my mail account.

I can highly recommend trying out Advanced Squad Leader in the VASSAL system especially if you get in contact with someone who have the Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit #1 (it is basically a very simple introduction to a subset of the rules and you are up and plaing after an hour or two. If you are interested to hear more please let me know
on

lars-peder.jensen@hotmail.dk

yours

Lars-Peder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
E-mail sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars-Peder Jensen
Denmark
copenhagen
flag msg tools
Hi Steve

I did not receive anything

the mail addres is either:

lars-peder.jensen@hotmail.dk or
dorthe.vaever@a.cirque.tv

I may have misspelt one of them earlier

Anyway i am still very interested in gaming

Yours

Lars-Peder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.