Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Halliday
United Kingdom
Herts.
flag msg tools
Overclock Epic Fail!
badge
Please note I am no longer very active on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb

I recently purchased a second-hand copy of the 3rd edition of RoboRally, but it came with a miscellany of material going all the way back to 1st Edition. I have been able to identify most of this thanks to manowarplayer's Geeklist Game Review but I am having difficulty with the four sets of Option Cards (all from the basic game, not A&D) - is there any way of telling which edition they come from?

Edit: Just to clarify, I haven't gone through them to see if all four sets are different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, four different sets of option cards and not coming from A&D?

the set with the fire control comes from 2nd edition.

the set with a robotarm which works diagonally as well as orthogonally, comes from AH edition...

the set with robotarm working only orthogonal comes from 2nd edition, I think...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
four sets?
that should mean:
1st edition WotC
2nd edition WotC
3rd edition Amigo/999games
4th edition AH/Hasbro

I go now, open my set and investigate ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
several option cards have changes from first to second edition. off the top of my head radio control had no range limit in first edition and a 6 tile limit in the second edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok,

2nd edition WotC has grey background for the programming cards with a round robot head in the center, the option from this edition has the same robot head but then on a greenish background with shunts and so (looks like a electric device.

4th edition AH version has programming cards with a red backround with red letters ROBO RALLY. The options has the same red letters on a dark blue backrground.

I got no more ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Halliday
United Kingdom
Herts.
flag msg tools
Overclock Epic Fail!
badge
Please note I am no longer very active on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb

OK, thanks to everyone who responded. I think I have got it sorted - I have two sets of the 1st edition cards and two sets of 2nd edition. The latter are also in the orange & black striped boxes, so maybe 1st edition weren't boxed(?).

The AH cards are still in shrink, so although I can only see Program Cards from what JeVo says about the backs it appears the Option Cards are in with them. Useful to know, as it means I could run up to five four-player games simultaneously so long as I remove or errata certain cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.