United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
From someone who has not yet played or seen the game. Is this a one-hit unit that is a lot cheaper than the clix units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Leahy
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Limited understanding myself, and this admittedly is a bit negative, but a horde token is a flat piece of cardboard to proxy what should be a cool looking group of miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
From someone who has not yet played or seen the game. Is this a one-hit unit that is a lot cheaper than the clix units?

Yep. They've actually been in the Heroclix game for a long time, sometimes lovingly (or not) referred to as POGs. These are the minions / small-time threats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The horde token is a new stackable cardboard wonder that changes the way clix is played on a battlefield and should not be maligned.

You have to play it to understand it.

The horde mechanic is far more than just a "proxy" for pre painted miniatures, it is a fully fledged full functioning mobile game mechanic that was well thought out and executed and breathes exciting new life into the game.

The horde tokens are some of the most valuable elements in the starter and allow for strategy and tactics far in advance of any other pre painted starter in this price bracket.

I advise you to play it and see the horde stacks in action before you cast judgement.

The horde changes the meta-game of clix in all sorts of great ways and should be embraced as a fantastic addition to the clix universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Hmm... Stackable???

That means I can't go out and paint myself up a bunch of "hordes" and use real minis as a "proxy" for the horde tokens since I can't stack minis?

But yes, otherwise it does sound like a perfectly legit game mechanic, even if it's not in 3D!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found that the Starter set only contains 32 horde tokens, and not the 48 listed on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.