United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone played it solo enough yet to venture an opinion on how well it works?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aug_aug
United States
Mountlake Terrace
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it twice and enjoyed it - both quick games...it was fun and pretty difficult, I didn't even make it to the Boss tile.

I was going to ask the same thing actually, maybe some experienced players could throw up some solo-scores?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played two solo games,but not using the solo rules. I picked a random character with each major ability, and tried to play each to the best of their abilities, not caring which one "won". It was quite entertaining, and I'd recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it once. It was pretty fun, but nothing compared to multiplayer. The good thing is it is very fast. Took me about 15 minutes including set-up to get to the boss... though I promptly died there without leveling up but once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MJ Kuchenbrod

Cary
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played a solo game with 2 heroes. It's the better way to go since you can actually use the abilities. Took me about an hour to play and learn (though watching the 'Watch it played' videos helped with making it easier for me to play). Overall it's not too bad as a solo game. I did learn that the Fourth Veil with the Tome and Well Sword is basically an owning combination that is hard to beat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Myers
United States
Warwick
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played two solo games with one hero and one solo game with two heroes and the one with two heroes was much better with the game lasting longer and my heroes getting more advances and more items. One hero actually got the Dragon down to one wound and then the other hero came in and killed the boss and picked up the summoning stone. The other hero then managed to kill him and claim the stone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quoting myself on the solo rules as written:
Quote:
I have just played my first two solo games.
Neither took longer than 15 minutes (including setup but excluding learning the rules).

It is important to note that solo play leans more towards the luck aspect than multiplayer because it removes some options.
The outcome of the game relies heavily on the luck of the role and the cards you draw.
I think it is fair to say that the luck involved is about as much as in Zombie in my Pocket. The available (game-defining) options are similar: Fight or try to evade.
Unlike in multiplayer once you have escaped a monster you do not have to face it again as you are in complete control of its movement.

It all comes down to risk management: "Do I think the reward for battling this monster is worth risking wounds?"

If this sounds like a negative review, that was not my intention!

Solo play is definitely enjoyable and difficult; my character died in both games.
But I dare say the game would not be worth its money if you bought it solely to play solitaire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.