United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to ditch as many Dominion boxes as I own, which at the moment is just two: Intrigue and Hinterlands.

I am probably going to be either Prosperity or Cornucopia, and would like to store ALL of the cards in one box, preferably the smallest possible (so, Cornucopia, if I do end up getting it). Assuming I'm set on throwing the extra boxes away, what's the best way to go about storing three sets of Dominion cards in one box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a plethora of storage solutions on this website. If you do a quick search of the forums or of the images of any of the Dominion games or expansions, you'll quickly see other solutions.

Personally, I get a 300-count card box for each expansion and make my own tabbed dividers. There is also a separate box for the base cards (copper, silver, etc.) and a box for mats and coins (mostly from Seaside and Prosperity). I like the individual boxes because they're easily portable (they fit in any bag or box I'm using to transport my games), it's very easy to expand the system when I get a new expansion (just add a new box!), and when we are setting up, each player can take an expansion or two and pull the card we're using for that game.

Find what works for you. There are tons of elegant solutions that use an original full sized box and create three columns to hold cards (although I don't think they could hold all the expansions now that there are, what, 6?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ripshawd wrote:
There are a plethora of storage solutions on this website. If you do a quick search of the forums or of the images of any of the Dominion games or expansions, you'll quickly see other solutions.

This is your best bet for finding something that meets your needs. The solutions range from pulling out the insert in the original box to cardboard monster boxes (my solution) to very expensive custom-made wooden boxes. The files section has TONS of different types of dividers to choose from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ripshawd wrote:
There are tons of elegant solutions that use an original full sized box and create three columns to hold cards (although I don't think they could hold all the expansions now that there are, what, 6?)

Definitely not. I have Dominion with all 6 expansions, and currently have it stored in this way in 2 boxes the size of the original Dominion box. I used to have it in one original box + one Alchemy (small expansion size) box, but when I added Hinterlands it outgrew that arrangement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Donahue
United States
Laurens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly recommend this solution: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/598029/consolidate-your-domi...

I've been using the clear plastic divider version for about a year with 5 expansions in one box, and find it to be easy-to-use, elegant, sturdy, and visually attractive. On the downside, it does cost a bit, but I think it is worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ripshawd wrote:

Personally, I get a 300-count card box for each expansion and make my own tabbed dividers. There is also a separate box for the base cards (copper, silver, etc.) and a box for mats and coins (mostly from Seaside and Prosperity). I like the individual boxes because they're easily portable (they fit in any bag or box I'm using to transport my games), it's very easy to expand the system when I get a new expansion (just add a new box!), and when we are setting up, each player can take an expansion or two and pull the card we're using for that game.

Find what works for you. There are tons of elegant solutions that use an original full sized box and create three columns to hold cards (although I don't think they could hold all the expansions now that there are, what, 6?)

My 3000 card count ccg card box holds all expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike F
msg tools
I use this:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10027336

Get the 3 internal containers, to use as dividers. I use a little Plano parts box for the tokens, etc, slides right in, on the side. Rule books underneath.

Easily holds 2000 sleeved cards. Get a second one once it's full.

Waterproof and rugged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.