Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it would be easy to do this with a second set, but with an expansion almost certain to come out eventually, I would rather wait for that. In the mean time, I'm trying to think of how to make this work so that there wouldn't be too few monsters. Suggestions would be most welcome. This is more of a brainstorm post than a "here's my variant, check it out" post.

I was thinking of treating all green tiles as both what they are AND as a Den (where monsters appear whenever there isn't one already, not just when first flipped) and the entrance and boss lair tiles would be Dens, too, except not on the first turn of the game. It might also be a good idea to treat the Entrance as a 2- or 4-way exit room and perhaps improve the odds of treasure drops by 1 on each normal tile. Any ideas?

My group is also toying with a battle royale variant idea, similar to something like Doom's death match mode but with a couple monster allies for each player. I'll wait to post that once we've tried it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Bistro
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. Player downtime would probably be pretty rough with this many players. You could do something like have the first player place a random treasure and encounter card in an empty tile after roaming monsters to ensure there are always fresh dangers and toys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.