aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 3 games now, and have had a great time each time, really like the game.

However the opponents I play with always have the same reaction "I like the game, but are you sure monsters and treasure don't re-spawn after I land on the tile again?"

I kinda see the point. On one hand, it seems thematic that it might happen. On the other, it might add 15-2o minutes to the game as well.

So I guess if you want a 'deeper' dungeon crawling experience, I'd suggest adding a simple rule:

If the hero escapes or moves onto a tile that's been previously laid, roll a die. If you roll the FIRST number of the treasure or the FIRST TWO of the encounter, it spawns said treasure and/or encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see respawning treasure as being thematic, but monsters, sure. My friends have had the same reaction. I'd like to hear how it goes if you try this. It'd probably be good for larger groups but might be too much for two or three heroes to handle. Hard to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon A
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam: In theory each dungeon room is a big place and the heroes aren't taking the time to thoroughly search each room. They could easily stumble across new treasure.

Another potential modification would be to add a new action:

Loot: A Hero on an empty standard tile may roll on that tile's chart again, revealing an encounter or treasure as if they had just entered this room.

As an optional addendum, add the following to prevent players from farming rooms: A hero may not take this action again until they perform a move or escape action.

Optional addendum 2, each room may only be looted once. Place an empty marker on the room to indicate that it has been looted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
Wargame? Eurogame? Ameritrash? Asia!! Check out Asian board game reviews at CardboardEast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We did these and it worked out pretty interestingly.

1) Once the Boss appears all the rooms are reset and can be explored again.

2) Every time the Boss roams, a monster is left in the tile that he leaves.

3) If every room has a monster, then the monsters can no longer roam & neither can the Boss.

4) The owner of the Summoning Stone cannot summon monsters.

5) The owner of the summoning stone does not get the first player token. Regular rotation is still happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.