Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: HQ plus Bunker bonus? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So on my board, I founded a Major City over a Bunker. I started in that territory with Die Mechaniker (sp?). Does its HQ bonus stack with the bunker bonus for +2 to the highest die?

We ruled that it did. Didn't change the game much, but stopped Khan from taking it for 1 turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sousa
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's also the way we play it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, modifiers from different sources (fortification, scar, faction ability) stack. However, a Die Mechaniker HQ in a Fortified City would not get +2,+2 since the city is already considered fortified due to the shield.

A fortified city / DM HQ with a Bunker is +2, +1.
A fortified city / DM HQ with an Ammo Shortage is 0, +1.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
Yep, modifiers from different sources (fortification, scar, faction ability) stack. However, a Die Mechaniker HQ in a Fortified City would not get +2,+2 since the city is already considered fortified due to the shield.

A fortified city / DM HQ with a Bunker is +2, +1.
A fortified city / DM HQ with an Ammo Shortage is 0, +1.




Wait, an HQ can go IN A CITY? Are you sure about this? I know they are considered Territories, but I thought the rules stated you could only place starting HQs in Territories containing Major cities you founded, not in the cities themselves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Names and numbers.
badge
I haven't changed this in years and I don't intend to start now.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I know they are considered Territories, but I thought the rules stated you could only place starting HQs in Territories containing Major cities you founded, not in the cities themselves.


What? I hope you're not treating the cities as seperate territories within a territory.

A city is a feature of the the territory, much like a scar. It doesn't occupy its own magic little space.

You control the territory, you control the city.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerMe wrote:
bhz1 wrote:
Yep, modifiers from different sources (fortification, scar, faction ability) stack. However, a Die Mechaniker HQ in a Fortified City would not get +2,+2 since the city is already considered fortified due to the shield.

A fortified city / DM HQ with a Bunker is +2, +1.
A fortified city / DM HQ with an Ammo Shortage is 0, +1.




Wait, an HQ can go IN A CITY? Are you sure about this? I know they are considered Territories, but I thought the rules stated you could only place starting HQs in Territories containing Major cities you founded, not in the cities themselves.


A HQ can be placed in territory with a Major City if your initials are on it. A territory may also have a city AND another scar at the same time (there's slots for both).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
metaridley18 wrote:
Quote:
I know they are considered Territories, but I thought the rules stated you could only place starting HQs in Territories containing Major cities you founded, not in the cities themselves.


What? I hope you're not treating the cities as seperate territories within a territory.

A city is a feature of the the territory, much like a scar. It doesn't occupy its own magic little space.

You control the territory, you control the city.


Actually I was. Now I am really confused. The rulebook refers to Cities as City Territories and I thought that meant it was it's own Territory within a Territory, much like how Cities work in the game Fortune & Glory.

Are you sure they are not treated as their own space? And if they are, then when...SPOILERS!!!!...Event cards come off refering to "the player controlling the most population" and placing units "in a city" it just means add them to a territory where the city is located?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BeerMe wrote:
Actually I was. Now I am really confused. The rulebook refers to Cities as City Territories and I thought that meant it was it's own Territory within a Territory, much like how Cities work in the game Fortune & Glory. Are you sure they are not treated as their own space?


Quite sure. A "City Territory" is "a territory with a City in it".

I think your assumption that it worked just like F&G is what threw you off here.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
BeerMe wrote:
Event cards come off referring to "the player controlling the most population" and placing units "in a city" it just means add them to a territory where the city is located?

Correct.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ Belyeu
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
BeerMe wrote:
Actually I was. Now I am really confused. The rulebook refers to Cities as City Territories and I thought that meant it was it's own Territory within a Territory, much like how Cities work in the game Fortune & Glory. Are you sure they are not treated as their own space?


Quite sure. A "City Territory" is "a territory with a City in it".

I think your assumption that it worked just like F&G is what threw you off here.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
BeerMe wrote:
Event cards come off referring to "the player controlling the most population" and placing units "in a city" it just means add them to a territory where the city is located?

Correct.




OMG that changes everything! I feel so dumb now haha.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Wow, makes a couple Missions easier.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.