Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When a card says to place a damage counter on a pokemon, does that mean a 10 point counter? I know some players that play that to mean that the the attacking player can place any damage counter of their choice on a pokemon. So they always choose the highest value damage counter, like a 50.

An example, Haunter's Sneaky Placement power says, "Place two damage counetrs on of your opponents Pokemon." The owner of Haunter would place 2 50 point counters on the target. That can't be right, can it? Where in the rules can I show them that this is not correct?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Webster
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Whenever a card says anything about damage counters, it always means 10. The only reason some cards use that wording is when they are getting around dealing damage. A card that places or moves damage counters is not dealing damage, only placing counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Can you show me in the rules or somewhere official that it clarifies that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Webster
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, here you go, under "damage counter": http://www.pokemon.com/us/trading-cards/how-to-play/glossary...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gregwebster wrote:
Sure, here you go, under "damage counter": http://www.pokemon.com/us/trading-cards/how-to-play/glossary...

Perfect, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.