J. Jefferson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to play this game for the first time tonight with just the base set. It will be a two-player game and my opponent will play the Targaryens. Which house should I play to make the game work the best for two players?

Thanks for your ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the core set, using the pre-made decks, without any deckbuilding, Stark is the strongest, and more balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you want to keep it even I'd go with any deck but Stark at first. They kill alot and some people have a hard time dealing with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Jefferson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read in some forum that Baratheon does not work well for two-player games. Is that the case?

If so, I'm leaning towards being a Lannister, which will give my wife some extra motivation to beat me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Jefforama"]I read in some forum that Baratheon does not work well for two-player games. Is that the case?
Quote:

I haven't had the same experiance...

[Q]If so, I'm leaning towards being a Lannister, which will give my wife some extra motivation to beat me.

Lanister is a good choice...

BTW: thanx for the tip... some people don't even thumb when they receive hints, so it is very appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sherry
Canada
Truro
NS - Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only started playing about a month ago or so, and have played about 12 games in that span of time the Starks have dominated most of their matches (Lannisters did beat them, but they got a lucky starting hand).

The closest matches we have had were Targaryeons vs Baratheons. I'd suggest that match up. Lannisters and Starks can be beaten, but with one copy of the Core Set, they tend to have one sided victories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stark is the easiest for someone new to wrap their minds around, Lannister the hardest. Lannister the really the strongest deck out of the four of them in joust once you know how to play it, but most people take a good dozen or so games before they have the rules strongly enough in their mind that they can start to see the strategies and the strength inherent in them for Lannister. Experienced CCG players can cut this down of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.