Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Possibly the variants that everyone[*]'s using by now anyway?

[*] citation needed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that the variants of which one of the designers was talking in another thread about might be among those epic rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Advanced rules == Culling fix?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is the advanced rules will simply list out a few of the variants listed here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/711697/dr-houserule-or-h...

Ideas that were playtested during development and then removed such as 2 buys, which I use, or culling only the creature that scores, that I dislike but some people do use. Essentially I would think "advanced rules" will just be a way of adding those variants in a way that makes them feel more official for people that prefer that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping that "epic gameplay" implies a little more than two buys and culling change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
I'm hoping that "epic gameplay" implies a little more than two buys and culling change.

I don't. I would prefer a list of alternative variant rules than a single major overhaul that may or may not appeal to current players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirenx wrote:
lfisher wrote:

I don't. I would prefer a list of alternative variant rules than a single major overhaul that may or may not appeal to current players.

Well I guess that is it

Advanced Capture Rule
During Phase 4 of your turn, you may capture up to two dice (instead of only one).

The Totally Expert Rule of Culling
When you score a die, you can only cull the die that scored and you can only score the glory for that die if you cull it. I.e, if
you score with a Quake Dragon Die, THAT dragon is the only die you may cull and you only score the glory if you cull it!.
Huh. That doesn’t seem that difficult? It’s not. But it does tend to slow the game down a bit, and it really does add a lot of
strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François V.
France
Meudon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

When you score a die, you can only cull the die that scored and you can only score the glory for that die if you cull it.
I.e, if you score with a Quake Dragon Die, THAT dragon is the only die you may cull and you only score the glory if you cull it!.

Huh. That doesn’t seem that difficult? It’s not. But it does tend to slow the game down a bit, and it really does add a lot of strategy.

Cool ! rather than having the guy who gets the early/most dragon(s) automaticaly win, then if he wants to keep it, he has to summon it together with a small creature, use it to protect the creature, and will only score glory for that creature.
Way cooler.
And if you don't want a longer game, just reduce the glory points objective needed to win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Knop
Brazil
Juiz de Fora
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
badge
No disassemble! Vídeos de Partidas Completas Passo a Passo
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 5 rounds yesterday with 2diceCap+cull2glory. A huge improvement IMHO.

But... how can I cull the basic quiddity dices now? Rely on creatures/spells burst effects?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
igorknop wrote:
I've played 5 rounds yesterday with 2diceCap+cull2glory. A huge improvement IMHO.

But... how can I cull the basic quiddity dices now? Rely on creatures/spells burst effects?

Yes, rely on creatures/spells or play the modified Advanced culling rule where if you DON'T score glory with a creature (and thus, do not cull the die), you can cull a different die instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Hoffmann
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hey, I'm relatively new to Quarriors, and I'm a bit confused by the advanced rules. I have two questions:

One:

The advanced culling rule says: "When you score a die, you can only cull the die that scored and you can only score the glory for that die if you cull it. I.e, if you score with a Quake Dragon Die, THAT dragon is the only die you may cull and you only score the glory if you cull it!."

I don't understand how this rule makes these things seem optional. The rules state you must score all creatures at the beginning of your turn. The advanced rule above says that in order to score, you must cull. So the advanced rule should say that you must score and cull all creatures. But it doesn't. Why not?

Two:

Also what did you guys mean by "rely on creatures/spells" above? How do creatures/spell burst effects help you cull? I don't recall any that let you cull. Maybe my memory is bad?

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
henningh wrote:
Hey, I'm relatively new to Quarriors, and I'm a bit confused by the advanced rules. I have two questions:

One:

The advanced culling rule says: "When you score a die, you can only cull the die that scored and you can only score the glory for that die if you cull it. I.e, if you score with a Quake Dragon Die, THAT dragon is the only die you may cull and you only score the glory if you cull it!."

I don't understand how this rule makes these things seem optional. The rules state you must score all creatures at the beginning of your turn. The advanced rule above says that in order to score, you must cull. So the advanced rule should say that you must score and cull all creatures. But it doesn't. Why not?

In the Advanced Culling Rules you have the option to not score a creature (thus keeping it in your dice pool)......if you don't it gets moved over to the Used Dice pile.

Also some people interpret* that some dice abilities are not available if you score under the AC-Rule......like the Deathdealer

---------------------
When Deathdealer scores, you may trade Deathdealer for one die from any other player's Used Pile.
----------------------

Those people interpret that when the Deathdealer survives until your turn you can either Score and cull him or activate his ability.

*I say interpret because I don't think there has been a FAQ that clarifies all of the questions that have come up with the AC-Rule (if there is please point me to it though)

henningh wrote:
Two:

Also what did you guys mean by "rely on creatures/spells" above? How do creatures/spell burst effects help you cull? I don't recall any that let you cull. Maybe my memory is bad?

Thanks for any help!

Some creaturs/spells such as the;

Ghostly Spirit
When Ghostly Spirit is destroyed, you may cull 1 Basic Quiddity Die to return Ghostly Spirit to your Ready Area (for free).

Corrupted Devotee of the Holy Query
When Devotee of the Holy Query scores, move all dice in your bag to your Used Pile. You may cull 1 additional die. Then put all dice in your Used Pile into your bag.

Oblation Spell
Cast this Spell to cull one die from your Spent or Used Pile, then draw and roll one die. You can only cast this Spell before the attack phase of your turn.

There are more but when the culling that many people got used to playing without the AC-Rule being removed creatures/spells with some form of culling become much more useful...and if there is Corrupted Quiddity that can be generated.......it becomes almost necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.