Subject: No reviews ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rudi Vanderzeypen
Belgium
Meerbeek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no reviews of Arcanum ? I'm very interested in buying this one, the board looks great and a gamesystem based on tarot cards sounds very amusing and intriguing, despite it's gamerank being very low for the moment.
So, who has played it yet and how was it ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played it several times. I personally think it's a very fun and enticing gaming experience. Most of the people I played with thought so too (except for one very picky gamer, who had to be convinced).

The artwork is stunning, the rules very clearly written.
The game is not too hard to understand, though mastering it is quite something different.

There is a luck factor in there, of course. If you never draw the cards you need, even the most brillant tactical play might not be enough. That said, I found that over the three scoring rounds it's always the player who adjusts best to what the fates have given him, will win.

In my book it is very imprtnat to understand the main concept, that players are not aligned with any of the noble houses but are the fates (yet again that word) that use them as their playthings.

I absolutely adore the game and will add that it does work with 2p even if it's not the best number.

manu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudi Vanderzeypen
Belgium
Meerbeek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK than, you convinced me, I'm going to buy it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Though I only played it once at BGG.con, it is also on my must buy list. I can't really speak to strategy, since I was basically just trying to get the mechanics down on my first play, but I could see that there was quite a bit to be explored beneath the surface. That, coupled with beautiful components and artwork, would I believe make this a unique addition to any game collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sold!
When will it be available in the US?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.