Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this has been posted before. The Frag Dollls, the gaming "clan" put together and sponsered by Ubisoft, have been releasing board game reviews:

Gears of War: The Board Game

Halo ActionClix

Panzer General: Allied Assault
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
great review imho, better than the reviews from Board2Death..

personally i dont care about reviewer's gender, its the review content that define the review. so far i like what i see =D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
That is one hell of a collection of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Pack
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just watched the GOW review from them... they did a good job getting all the important information in, in a very quick and well explained fashion. I'll keep an eye open for more reviews from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb

Sorry, I will get to the reviews in "a couple of minutes" I am still looking at the picture.

Sorry, I could not resist....and "don't tell my wife I said that"devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, never heard anybody call a Panzerkampfwagen IV a "PeeZee Four", before. I do not think I like it. Somehow, it emasculates the vehicle.

Also in the last review, it sounds like she says, "silicone-based AI", which of course should be "silicon-based".

"Silicone-based AI" sounds like the punchline to a bad geek joke about blondes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
msg tools
mb
What were those DUDES doing in that Gear of War video? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Sletten
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
badge
The struggle was real
mbmbmbmbmb
This is cool. Get good looking girls that play video games. Have them review board games based on video games. Get new board game players from pool of video game players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOSHIRO MIFUNE
Japan
Iwakuni
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
modest
Agamon wrote:
This is cool. Get good looking girls that play video games. Have them review board games based on video games. Get new board game players from pool of video game players.

Not really getting an informed opinion here about the game. But, yeah I'll watch a bunch of cheerleaders talk a game up to me. I deem this acceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like having a con in your living room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ubisoft needs to sponsor them to wear more revealing outfits. Just saying ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh look, a bunch of moderately attractive girls playing games. How compelling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clockwerk76 wrote:

Dude, they're girls!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
msg tools
mb
clockwerk76 wrote:

Yeah, because I would rather watch guys do a worse job then this...

Why you hatin' ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airdroppers wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:

Why you hatin' ?

Because:

A) Hatin' is what I do.

B) It's a sad reflection of us as men when a girl is reviewing games for us because she's reasonably cute, and this is supposed to get out attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
clockwerk76 wrote:
airdroppers wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:

Why you hatin' ?

Because:

A) Hatin' is what I do.

B) It's a sad reflection of us as men when a girl is reviewing games for us because she's reasonably cute, and this is supposed to get out attention.

Dude, it's not really sad that attractive members of the opposite sex get the attention of heterosexuals. It's nature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrythesecond
United Kingdom
Camborne
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
A future player sleeps...
mbmbmbmbmb
clockwerk76 wrote:
airdroppers wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:

Why you hatin' ?

Because:

A) Hatin' is what I do.

I don't agree. It may seem like a neanderthal viewpoint, but everybody likes looking at what attracts them. It's been that way since creation (in whatever form you believe that took), and isn't something we should be ashamed of or feel the need to pretend doesn't exist.

I'm happily married to my best friend and I still think she's hot after 8 years together. But I'll always take a decent-looking girl reviewing my games over a fat, bald guy from Barcelona called Pedro.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Way too far on the Ameritrash side of the spectrum for my taste. Admittedly, those being board games based on video games that's to be expected but I'd really like to see a broader selection.

The reviews them self seem quite nice considering they're just starting out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
HenryTheSecond wrote:
I'll always take a decent-looking girl reviewing my games over a fat, bald guy from Barcelona called Pedro.

OI!!! Pedro is a beautiful man...on the inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HenryTheSecond wrote:
But I'll always take a decent-looking girl reviewing my games over a fat, bald guy

its the game review quality that really have the last word, i'd rather watch Tom Vasel and Sam Healy reviews even though they both not male model quality.. then again if Stacy Kiebler is doing a game review profesionally and showed her knowledge in that game and not just being a pretty face, i watch her too.,..

point is dont care who review the game as long as the review is good and the reviewer know his source material...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
HenryTheSecond wrote:
But I'll always take a decent-looking girl reviewing my games over a fat, bald guy

its the game review quality that really have the last word, i'd rather watch Tom Vasel and Sam Healy reviews even though they both not male model quality.. then again if Stacy Kiebler is doing a game review profesionally and showed her knowledge in that game and not just being a pretty face, i watch her too.,..

point is dont care who review the game as long as the review is good and the reviewer know his source material...

I agree, I don't care if it is a man or a woman doing the review as long as the quality of the review is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalendar wrote:
dprijadi wrote:
HenryTheSecond wrote:

I agree, I don't care if it is a man or a woman doing the review as long as the quality of the review is good.

though i wouldnt mind a bit if a celeb do a boardgame review. I'd like to see Vin Diesel do DnD review (he is great fan of DnD if im not mistaken)..

and that nice girl Felicia Day who is a World of Warcraft player do a game review, definitely got a solid background in gaming..

* A homely looking geek-girl-next-door face, not a pretty face but play a mean mage on World of Warcraft
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DjFIL wrote:
Just watched the GOW review from them... they did a good job getting all the important information in, in a very quick and well explained fashion. I'll keep an eye open for more reviews from them.

The video is far more professional and competent than most game videos I have seen. They did a good job of summarising the key points of the game in a clear and concise manner. These sort of cross over reviews can only help our hobby. The concept of 'girls can't play games' is slowly being removed in computer games, hopefully they will help towards removing that ingrained attitude in board games as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halfinger wrote:
DjFIL wrote:

The video is far more professional and competent than most game videos I have seen. They did a good job of summarising the key points of the game in a clear and concise manner. These sort of cross over reviews can only help our hobby. The concept of 'girls can't play games' is slowly being removed in computer games, hopefully they will help towards removing that ingrained attitude in board games as well.

agreed on all points.. though i wish someone go further and make a video review of boardgame with an Orang-Utan playing it .. these animals are mimicking human very very good..

They can walk your dog

They fish for you

They even fight for you

instead of playing Arkham Horror solo, why not add orang-utan playing as investigators..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
Halfinger wrote:
DjFIL wrote:

agreed on all points.. though i wish someone go further and make a video review of boardgame with an Orang-Utan playing it .. these animals are mimicking human very very good..

They can walk your dog

They fish for you

They even fight for you

How did you get your hands on pics of my Mother in Law?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.