Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Stampley
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say something about rallying units with banners matching the current game turn but does the color make a difference? At the start of the turn don't you just activate all units by turning their banner around?

I think I understand this but I would like to get someone's input on lone leaders. A leader is a unit so for example if Karstark's 2 Winterfell Rider buddies are killed he is still a Winterfell Rider unit? Can he be activated with a command card or order token? He has a capture rating of 2 plus toughness 1 so he would need to take 3 hits in combat before being captured?

Thanks to all those here answering questions, I found most of the answers I was looking for here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stampdog316 wrote:
.....for example if Karstark's 2 Winterfell Rider buddies are killed he is still a Winterfell Rider unit?

Yes - leaders always remain the same unit type as on their card.

Quote:
Can he be activated with a command card or order token?

Yes - same as any other unit.

Quote:
He has a capture rating of 2 plus toughness 1 so he would need to take 3 hits in combat before being captured?

Yes. Hint: cut off his retreat and hope for morale rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stampdog316 wrote:
The rules say something about rallying units with banners matching the current game turn but does the color make a difference? At the start of the turn don't you just activate all units by turning their banner around?

You could say "all units with white banners are active, black banners are inactive", or the other way around. The game would work exactly the same, you just activate all units at the start of the turn (or was it at the end of the turn? It doesn't matter anyway, the effect is the same). Instead, the game designer went with "each round is either black or white, and that color in the banner means active". It's exactly the same, except that you have to remember (or look to the track) which color means active this round. The tradeoff is that most rounds all your units will be used, so when it comes the time to activate inactive units you just have to turn one or two banners, instead of every unit. Neither way of doing it is "right", it's a tradeoff.

stampdog316 wrote:
I think I understand this but I would like to get someone's input on lone leaders. A leader is a unit so for example if Karstark's 2 Winterfell Rider buddies are killed he is still a Winterfell Rider unit? Can he be activated with a command card or order token? He has a capture rating of 2 plus toughness 1 so he would need to take 3 hits in combat before being captured?

Thanks to all those here answering questions, I found most of the answers I was looking for here on BGG.

Yes to all these. He's a unit, and he has toughness so he ignores the first hit, and you need three hits in a single combat to capture him, because the first is ignored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Stampley
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! What a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salva Picot
Spain
valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So i must asume that a leader may not be killed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HunterRose wrote:
So i must asume that a leader may not be killed?

They get "captured." What happens after that is up to your imagination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salva Picot
Spain
valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehehe, sure.
But if a unit composed only by a leader alone still throws the number of dices that points his banner and to get captured is really hard......leaders become overpowered berserkers raging on the battlefield!
I supose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrique Mussoi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reduced strenght rule helps a lot with that. Also, most leaders die more or less easily if you cut their retreat, Robb Stark is one of the few exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you use the optional rules for reduced strength and coordinated attacks? Some leaders are still near impossible to capture (Oh how i hate Robb), but its better by far with those rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Breitkopf
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guybrush wrote:
Also, most leaders die more or less easily if you cut their retreat, Robb Stark is one of the few exceptions.

Hmm, I had not really considered this before. If you can set things up so that both valor and morale count as hits, capturing even Robb seems possible - Addam combined with just one red cavalry (6 dice flanking) already gives you about 40% chance to get 4 hits.

lannister4live wrote:
Oh how i hate Robb

We sort of noticed that at the Red Wedding angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.