Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/16/justice/pennsylvania-sex-scand...

The "star witness" describes a horrifying encounter that he was convinced was sexual molestation, if not outright rape. He watched for six seconds, and then walked away. He says that both victim and aggressor looked him in the eye.

I couldn't have walked away. I think they should throw this guy in the cell with Sandusky.

(edit: if in fact it was molestation/rape, and Sandusky is proven guilty, of course)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of those situations where people surprise themselves. It can happen in either direction. I do not have any issues with the concept of someone realizing that what they consider moral behavior and what they can live with happen to be different. The interesting question is wheter someone that learns something new about themselves that way will change their self image to come to grips with their behavior, or just rely on the might of cognitive dissonance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I hope it was a brilliant learning experience for him. How harrowing!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.