United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this article today:

Thousands of confused water fowl crash-land in Cedar City
"These Eared Grebes were migrating south, as they usually do this time of year, but this time it was during a storm. We’re thinking they mistook the glistening of the [Walmart] parking lot for a lake," Canning said Wednesday. "Thousands of the birds went down [and] some were killed, but we also rescued a bunch. Citizens were bringing them in from all over Cedar City."

The comments on the story are predictably banal. Somehow this story (including the web site post and comments) just kinda breaks my heart. Someone oughta write a poem about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Quick, duck!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"Wabbit Season"! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davidson
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
www.istroyworking.com
badge
www.istroyworking.com
mbmbmb
I somehow blame the government for this problem! They should have put warning cones and signs up for the birds to see. This would never happen if more safety was in place. Think of all the little baby birds who aren't going to have any parents this holiday season! I call fowl!

//Utah representing! My state in the news and has nothing to do with Mormons!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.