Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it mandatory for her to spend the last action she has to Shadow Walk or is this ability always optional? It's unclear the way the card is written --- but I would guess you always have a choice.

Her 1st ability, "Sneak Attack", is also confusing. What does "when attacking enemy minions for the 1st time" mean? Is it 1st time in the game or 1st time in the turn or 1st time in each new location or is it 1st time when attacking each new type of minion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Esto wrote:
Is it mandatory for her to spend the last action she has to Shadow Walk or is this ability always optional?
It is optional. A good time to not use this ability is when ending your turn with a General in the hopes of some other Heroes meeting up with you for group combat. The Assassin cannot participate in group combat while Vanished.

Esto wrote:
Her 1st ability, "Sneak Attack", is also confusing. What does "when attacking enemy minions for the 1st time" mean? Is it 1st time in the game or 1st time in the turn or 1st time in each new location or is it 1st time when attacking each new type of minion?
It's her first attack at each location per turn. HERE is Richard's clarification. The clarification is also in the rule book that comes with the Hero expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks to Rob for answering this before I saw it. His answers are correct and very clear, so hopefully any confusion is cleared up, but if not feel free to post additional questions.

Thanks, and I hope you are enjoying the game.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Richard & Rob for the clarification. I even looked in the "Hero Expansion" rulebook before asking the question, but I guess I somehow missed it. Yes, I am enjoying DOTR immensely in only my 3rd solitaire game (always play 4 characters randomly). The 3 other solitaire games I play every day also have some connection with Richard Launius ---- Arkham Horror (my favourite; Game #19); Elder Sign (just acquired; Game #2) and Thunderstone (not your design but with your Epic Variant; Game #5). I'm retired but these games provide me with great excitement & challenges & meaningful record-keeping. Like you, I thrive on house rules & creating additional components to expand the fantasy universe (especially AH). But my favourite 2 player game of all time is Duel of Ages which is always in the top 3 of Tom Vassel's 100 Top Games of All Time. My friend & I are starting our 61st game of Duel of Ages ---- and each game takes us about 15 to 20 hours of playing time since we play with 16 random characters each. Sorry, Richard, for the lengthy reply as to whether I'm enjoying DOTR. The short answer is that I'll be playing it for a long time to come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Jimmy - Thanks for sharing, and I feel honored that you are enjoying my games and that they are providing you the kind of adventure that I enjoy when I play them. If you have not tried any of the Summer League scenarios, I would recommend them as you play to provide a more variety of challenges and story.

If you have any questions in the future, feel free to post or contact me. I always enjoy talking to the players of my designs.

Thanks again for defending the realm, and good luck whether fighting the minions of the Dark Lord, the cultists in Arkham, unraveling the mystery in the museum, or even searching for that elusive Thunderstone - may each game session provide you with a memorable story as well as a fun fantasy adventure.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.