Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

is there a flowchart or a list of all possible things to keep in mind during acting through and resolving a player turn in a BSG game?

I mean for instance detailing all possible player actions and reactions or timing all those special character powers, activations, bonuses and interrupts etc...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about the ENTIRE turn. You may find something like that in the "Files" section. It would probably be called "Player Aid" or something.

However, I do have something for you for the Crisis step, from the Unofficial FAQ found at this link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Battlestar_Galactica_...

Quote:
1. Draw Crisis Card, taking into account Roslin's "Religious Visions"
2. Read Crisis Card
3. Starbuck’s "Secret Destiny"
4. Baltar’s "Delusional Intuition"
5. Current Player Chooses, taking into account Tory's "Amoral"
6. Helo’s "Moral Compass"
7. Boomer’s "Mysterious Intuition"
8. Political Prowess
9. Dee's "Fast Learner" (if she decides to add the cards to the skill check, set them aside for the moment), Chief of Staff, Arbitrator, Cylon Hatred, Friends in Low Places, Investigative Committee, Scientific Research, and/or one reckless interrupt (Support the People, At Any Cost, Guts & Initiative, Jury Rigged)
10. Destiny
11. Add Dee’s "Fast Learner" cards to the skill check
12. All players play skill cards into the check, in player order, starting left of the current player (Probation may be triggered by the President)
13. Chief’s "Blind Devotion"
14. Shuffle Cards
15. Reveal Cards
16. Six’s "Human Delusion"
17. Cally’s "Quick Fix"
18. Red Tape, Trust Instincts, Protect the Fleet, Broadcast Location, By Your Command, Special Destiny (order decided by current player)
19. Trigger Consequences
20. Total Strength, taking into account Establish Network and Adama's "Inspirational Leader"
21. Declare Emergency
22. Determine and Process Outcome, taking into account Iron Will
23. Adama’s "Command Authority"
24. Discard Cards
25. Activate Cylon Ships
26. Process FTL Icon
27. Discard Crisis Card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
schmloof wrote:
I don't know about the ENTIRE turn. You may find something like that in the "Files" section. It would probably be called "Player Aid" or something.

However, I do have something for you for the Crisis step, from the Unofficial FAQ found at this link:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Battlestar_Galactica_...

Quote:
1. Draw Crisis Card, taking into account Roslin's "Religious Visions"
2. Read Crisis Card
3. Starbuck’s "Secret Destiny"
4. Baltar’s "Delusional Intuition"
5. Current Player Chooses, taking into account Tory's "Amoral"
6. Helo’s "Moral Compass"
7. Boomer’s "Mysterious Intuition"
8. Political Prowess
9. Dee's "Fast Learner" (if she decides to add the cards to the skill check, set them aside for the moment), Chief of Staff, Arbitrator, Cylon Hatred, Friends in Low Places, Investigative Committee, Scientific Research, and/or one reckless interrupt (Support the People, At Any Cost, Guts & Initiative, Jury Rigged)
10. Destiny
11. Add Dee’s "Fast Learner" cards to the skill check
12. All players play skill cards into the check, in player order, starting left of the current player (Probation may be triggered by the President)
13. Chief’s "Blind Devotion"
14. Shuffle Cards
15. Reveal Cards
16. Six’s "Human Delusion"
17. Cally’s "Quick Fix"
18. Red Tape, Trust Instincts, Protect the Fleet, Broadcast Location, By Your Command, Special Destiny (order decided by current player)
19. Trigger Consequences
20. Total Strength, taking into account Establish Network and Adama's "Inspirational Leader"
21. Declare Emergency
22. Determine and Process Outcome, taking into account Iron Will
23. Adama’s "Command Authority"
24. Discard Cards
25. Activate Cylon Ships
26. Process FTL Icon
27. Discard Crisis Card

Note that step 8. Political Prowess and step 9's Arbitrator, Cylon Hatred and Friends In Low Places only apply to skill checks from specific locations, not to those from Crisis cards.

Also, Accept Prophecy and Cain's Intolerant apply to some locations' skill checks.

Steps 1-7 and 25-27 only apply to crises, not to location-based skill checks, but the remainder of step 9 and all of steps 10-24 apply to all skill checks. For some crises (any where you don't end up taking a skill check), steps 8-21, 23 and 24 don't apply.

Technically, steps 25-27 are not part of the Crisis Step - 25 and 26 have their own steps, with 27 occuring during the latter.

And step 22 - Determine and Process Outcome - covers an awful lot of possibilities. Aside from Cylon attacks, each Crisis has at least two different possible outcomes, depending on player choice and skill check results, and some of those outcomes require die rolls or further player choices, with opportunities for more interrupts or triggers.

Trying to capture every possibility would result in a document so long and complex as to be effectively incomprehensible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
Hi folks,

is there a flowchart or a list of all possible things to keep in mind during acting through and resolving a player turn in a BSG game?

I mean for instance detailing all possible player actions and reactions or timing all those special character powers, activations, bonuses and interrupts etc...?
Whenever I move, I say to myself outloud...

--Receive Skill Cards step
--Movement step
--Action step
--Crisis step

Then I look at my character sheet to make sure I wasn't forgetting any special abilities nor weaknesses.

Then double check to see what title cards you have, with CAG from Exodus being something that should be often used and abused.

The list outlined above is quite comprehensive, but our groups don't enforce things that well that we'll hardly refer to it except when corner case situations occur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A chart of an intermediate detail level:

Receive Skills Step
- draw trauma (if any) for your current location
- choose skill types for restricted or variable draws (sickbay, Cylon, skillset)
- draw skill cards

Movement Step
- One of:
-- If not in Brig/Detention, move to another location (discarding a skill card when moving to a different ship)
-- Play a movement ability of a skill card or of your character sheet
-- Do nothing
- Encounter an ally (if any) in your current location

Action Step
- Take an action - any one of:
-- Activate your current location (including manned viper)
-- Play an action ability of a skill card, title card, loyalty card, quorum card, or your character sheet
-- Do nothing
- If Starbuck, and started the turn piloting, or Chief Tyrol and played a Repair card, take a second action as above.

Crisis Step (skip if revealed Cylon or in Brig)
- Roslin's Religious Visions
- Draw crisis card (from NC crisis deck if character is on NC)
- Resolve crisis

Activate Cylon Ships (Human players only)
- Resolve activation icon(s) from the crisis card (ignore fleet activations if on NC before Galactica returns)
- If using Cylon Fleet Board, and applying a "nothing happens" result, place a ship on the CFB and advance the pursuit track.

Prepare for Jump step (Not on Cylon turns in base game)
- For each crisis this turn, evacuate a civilian ship if Galactica has returned to New Caprica and there's an evacuation icon on the crisis card
- For each crisis this turn, advance jump track if there's a jump icon and Galactica has not yet returned to New Caprica

End of Turn
- Discard crisis card(s)
- Boomer's Recon
- Check hand limits
-- 10 skillcards (8 for Chief Tyrol)
-- 10 Quorum cards with Pegasus/Exodus; unlimited in base game

Obvious places to go into more detail include cylon ship activations, viper activations, adding ships to the CFB, advancing the pursuit track (including civilian ship placement and auto attack), jumping the fleet, and various interactions between specific characters and movement and actions. Crises and skill checks have been fairly well covered unless you want to go into more detail about resolving the effects (for example, the opportunities to play Strategic Planning or Calculations on a die roll)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Crisis Step
- Resolve crisis

I would add
-skip crisis if in Brig
- skip crisis if revealed cylon
-add Roslin and Boomer's Recon's "draw 2 in secret"

There are certainly alot other tjings, but these appear to be the more common ones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx guys so far!

I started to put together a table with all the text above, reformatting and adding detail where needed (so that it does not look as dry sometimes).

Will post progress later...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Quote:

Crisis Step
- Resolve crisis

I would add
-skip crisis if in Brig

There are certainly alot other tjings, but these appear to be the more common ones

I've edited those in - Boomer's Recon ability at the end of turn. My main reason for omitting Roslin's originally is that it's covered in the more detailed description higher up the thread...

I've also added in hand limits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
Quote:

Crisis Step
- Resolve crisis

I would add
-skip crisis if in Brig

I've edited those in - Boomer's Recon ability at the end of turn. My main reason for omitting Roslin's originally is that it's covered in the more detailed description higher up the thread...

I've also added in hand limits.
I see.... I figured it'd be good to put Roslin's in yours anyways since your outline is a more generic and that people often forget Roslin's special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I have so far:

Receive Skills Step
- - Draw trauma (if any) for your current location
- - Choose skill types for restricted or variable draws
- - Draw skill cards
- - - - - only 1 card if in Sickbay
- - - - - any 2 cards if Cylon

Movement Step
- - One of:
- - - - - If not in Brig/Detention, move to another location (discarding a skill card when moving to a different ship)
- - - - - Play a movement ability of a skill card or of your character sheet
- - - - - Do nothing
- - Encounter an ally (if any) in your current location

Action Step
- - Take an actionany one of:
- - - - - Activate your current location (including manned viper)
- - - - - Play an action ability of a skill card, title card, loyalty card, quorum card, or your character sheet
- - - - - Do nothing
- - If Starbuck, and started the turn piloting, or Chief Tyrol and played a Repair card, take a second action as above.

Crisis Step
- - Draw crisis card (from New Caprica crisis deck if character is on NC)
- - - - - Roslin's "Religious Visions" - draw 2, bury 1
- - - - - skip crisis if in Brig OR a revealed Cylon
- - Read Crisis Card
- - - - - Starbuck’s "Secret Destiny" - OPG, discard and draw new one
- - - - - Baltar’s "Delusional Intuition" - draw any 1 skill card
- - Current Player Chooses
- - - - - Tory's "Amoral" - choose option 1 for "Player chooses"
- - - - - Helo’s "Moral Compass" - OPG, may change a player's choice on a Crisis card+
- - - - - Boomer’s "Mysterious Intuition" - OPG, choose result instead of resolving normally
- - - - - Political Prowess
- - - - - Dee's "Fast Learner" - if she decides to add the cards to the skill check, set them aside for the moment
- - - - - Chief of Staff, Arbitrator, Cylon Hatred, Friends in Low Places, Investigative Committee
- - - - - Scientific Research, and/or one reckless interrupt (Support the People, At Any Cost, Guts & Initiative, Jury Rigged)

- - Add Destiny cards
- - - - - Add Dee’s "Fast Learner" cards to the skill check
- - All players play skill cards into the check, in player order, starting left of the current player
- - - - - Probation may be triggered by the President
- - - - - Chief’s "Blind Devotion" - OPG, chosen skill-type cards are strength 0
- - Shuffle Cards
- - Reveal Cards
- - - - - Six’s "Human Delusion" - OPG, play additional skill cards into the check
- - - - - Cally’s "Quick Fix" - choose 1 card to discard from skill check
- - - - - Red Tape, Trust Instincts, Protect the Fleet, Broadcast Location
- - - - - By Your Command, Special Destiny (order decided by current player)

- - Trigger Consequences
- - Total Strength
- - - - - Establish Network
- - - - - Adama's "Inspirational Leader" - 1-strength cards count as positive
- - - - - Declare Emergency
- - Determine and Process Outcome
- - - - - Iron Will
- - - - - Adama’s "Command Authority" - OPG, take discarded cards into hand
- - Discard Cards
- - Activate Cylon Ships
- - Process FTL Icon
- - Discard Crisis Card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. But holy shit. That's alot of things... lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Nice. But holy shit. That's alot of things... lol

And I presume that is only about the better half of them - based on my limited knowledge and snippets of what I saw here and there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ellen's Manipulative OPG must invoked at the start of her turn, before she receives skill cards.

Joeyeti wrote:

Receive Skills Step
- - Draw trauma (if any) for your current location
- - Choose skill types for restricted or variable draws
- - Draw skill cards
- - - - - only 1 card if in Sickbay
- - - - - any 2 cards if Cylon

If playing with Pegasus, a Cylon must choose two different cards.

A Cylon Leader or Sympathetic Cylon may draw three cards if Infiltrating.

Quote:

Movement Step
- - One of:
- - - - - If not in Brig/Detention, move to another location (discarding a skill card when moving to a different ship)
- - - - - Play a movement ability of a skill card or of your character sheet
- - - - - Do nothing
- - Encounter an ally (if any) in your current location

Leoben cannot move to a Location with another character.

Ellen's Politically Adroit ability may be invoked at the end of her Movement step, if she's in the same location as another human player.

Quote:

Action Step
- - Take an actionany one of:
- - - - - Activate your current location (including manned viper)
- - - - - Play an action ability of a skill card, title card, loyalty card, quorum card, or your character sheet
- - - - - Do nothing
- - If Starbuck, and started the turn piloting, or Chief Tyrol and played a Repair card, take a second action as above.

Zarek cannot activate a location occupied by another character (except the Brig and Detention).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.