Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Vikings fans when a Packer practice squad player rejects a chance to be placed on the Vikings active roster. Well, maybe, sorry is not the right word. devil

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/15/tori-gurley-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
So, does their 'Practice Squad' members obtain "Superbowl" earrings, navel clip-ons, toe-rings, or what exactly? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
So, does their 'Practice Squad' members obtain "Superbowl" earrings, navel clip-ons, toe-rings, or what exactly? whistle

Good question. I'm not sure what they get, but to choose not to go "active" which involves a great deal more $$ right now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
For Vikings fans when a Packer practice squad player rejects a chance to be placed on the Vikings active roster. Well, maybe, sorry is not the right word. devil

Thank you for totally summing up (via your post) and via the player in question everything that makes people hate the Packers.

Winning the Super Bowl = Millions of dollars in revenue
Being part of famous NFL dynasty = Millions of fans
Proving once again how elitist Packer fans are = PRICELESS!shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you may want to add the information you left out of your post:

"This isn't the first time that Tori declined a chance to move up to a different team"

And the fact that the Packers offered him a raise to stay on their squad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

Thank you for totally summing up (via your post) and via the player in question everything that makes people hate the Packers.

Elitist? Come on. I hope you're as passionate about the Vikings as I am about the Packers. That's the fun - and you have to admit this is rather funny. Hey I used to like the Vikings when Bud Grant was there.

Losing 4 SuperBowls = Millions of dollars in revenue
Being part of famously NFL dynasty = Millions of fans
Thinking Favre and McNabb were the answers = PRICELESS gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Seriously, this makes no sense. He must really believe that he has a shot at making the Packers' active roster. That's the only way I could even remotely justify this decision. Or maybe Green Bay is already paying him like an active roster member?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Also, you may want to add the information you left out of your post (not that I'm surprised you did so, you are a Packer fan after all):

"This isn't the first time that Tori declined a chance to move up to a different team"

But of course that would make for a less elitist post, I suppose, to reveal a bit more reality... shake

You're right - I should have just copied all of the information in the article instead of linking to it. Lighten up, man, it was a joke. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

I'll take the elitism of Packer fans over the elitism of Cowboys fans every time. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
hahaha! I love it when people try to say that fans of one team are SOOOOO much better than fans of another team! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
hahaha! I love it when people try to say that fans of one team are SOOOOO much better than fans of another team! laugh

I'm not sure that's what is being said. Hey, I love Vikings fans. Everyone should be passionate without calling another team's fans elitists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blindspot wrote:
wytefang wrote:

I'll take the elitism of Packer fans over the elitism of Cowboys fans every time. gulp

My youngest son is a Cowboys fan. No idea where this came from. I have told him I made need a parental DNA test to determine legacy.
gulp\
\
I love that kid, but enough is enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
thermogimp wrote:
Seriously, this makes no sense. He must really believe that he has a shot at making the Packers' active roster. That's the only way I could even remotely justify this decision. Or maybe Green Bay is already paying him like an active roster member?

It makes complete sense. If he goes to the Vikings he gets about the same pay he would with the Packers for three games (Packers have actually offered him a raise) and then his season is over. He stays with the Packers he gets playoff pay, a chance for a Superbowl ring and to be a part of a team that goes undefeated. Yes practice players get Superbowl rings.

I'm a Vikings fan and I don't feel slighted at all. The guy has been with Green Bay this entire season and he wants the chance to be a part of something that likely will never come his way again. I completely understand what he's doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
wytefang wrote:
Also, you may want to add the information you left out of your post (not that I'm surprised you did so, you are a Packer fan after all):

But of course that would make for a less elitist post, I suppose, to reveal a bit more reality... shake

You're right - I should have just copied all of the information in the article instead of linking to it. Lighten up, man, it was a joke. whistle

Fine, fair enough. I have to admit that I've not seen you post anything really annoying about them like some folks do. But you should probably have been a bit fairer in pointing out that it (very likely) had little to do with going to the Vikings as much as it did getting a raise and having a chance to get a SB ring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:

Fine, fair enough. I have to admit that I've not seen you post anything really annoying about them like some folks do. But you should probably have been a bit fairer in pointing out that it (very likely) had little to do with going to the Vikings as much as it did getting a raise and having a chance to get a SB ring.

It has everything to do with the raise and the ring. If the Packers didn't toss more money at him and if they weren't undefeated, he'd be gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TommyP wrote:
wytefang wrote:

It has everything to do with the raise and the ring. If the Packers didn't toss more money at him and if they weren't undefeated, he'd be gone.

No argument here. I just thought it was funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.