Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
By the combination of sleep deprivation, sugar, and having recently played Pandemic using On the Brink, I have a small variant suggestion.

Arsonist - Saboteur Role.
4AP
For 1AP can put Smoke into his square or an adjacent square, or turn adjacent smoke into fire.
For 2AP can put Fire into an adjacent square.

Wins if the building collapses, but NOT if they fire fighters lose from having 4 lost victims.

The Advance the Fire phase doesn't happen after the arsonists turn.

This is purely off the top of my (Sleep deprivation addled) brain here, with no testing.

Feel free to suggest changes.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This sounds like it would be way too easy to win.
All it would take is for you to always chop through walls when rescuing victims.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Arsonist's ONLY power would be to start fires. He wouldn't be able to Chop walls, nor would he be moving victims around.

Thematically, the Arsonist is a nut-job who's broken in, or perhaps followed the fire fighters in, and simply likes to see things burn. He's certainly not helping in any way, shape, or form.

He just want's to reduce everything to a fine layer of ash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mays
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea, but wouldn't it pretty much devolve into one firefighter simply following the arsonist around (or maybe just driver /operator) and putting out the fires as they are set? This would tie up one of the FR team, but not sure how much it would add.

I kinda like the Arsonist Scenario already provided, but I can see how playing the role of an arsonist might be attractive (if you are, you know, into being a homicidal sociopath)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you would need the Line of Sight rule that this suggestion had

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, I hadn't even seen that.

Yeah, I think Line of Sight would have to come into it. I was also toying with the idea that the arsonist would have hidden movement, much like the Bio-Terrorist variant in Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason roberts
msg tools
mb
Too much sugar. Game is challenging enough without a nut job starting more fires( I just got this game yesterday so maybe I'm a slow learner)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.